A Realistic Pokemon RP

Add Topic
New Poll

Better, Tag: Mateo
"I can see with more than just my eyes."

played by
Renkindle
Nov 3 2017, 10:42 AM

It felt nice to be right back on track. Traveling to Lilycove with Sidney had been quite an adventure, especially now that his team had taken in Echo and Nicks, a Wailmer and an Aron respectively. He felt relatively prepared for the first gym match, though he wanted to see what Nicks and Echo knew and how he could help mold them to fit into his team. Though, he could easily tell how exactly they fit in, he just needed to actually accomplish it. He had left Sidney inside the city, as he had made his way to the beach on the outskirts of town.

"Alright, let's work on some training. Come on out, Echo," Christopher spoke, reaching for his new whale friend's pokeball and pushing the white button. The whale pokemon materialized right into the water, it seemed to be a little smaller than the average Wailmer, but Chris just assumed that the pokemon was still relatively young. Though, it still made Chris look extremely small compared to it's size.

"Alright, Echo. What do you know?" Chris asked as the Wailmer just opened it's mouth, as if drinking the sea water. But, instead, it just expelled the water through it's nostrils that were right above it's eyes. "Well, that's not helpful..." He responded as he slipped his socks and shoes off, and began to slowly approach the Wailmer. He needed to gain it's trust, and get on the same page of expectations and requirements. Though, he wouldn't force it to do something it would regret. "We'll work on it, don't worry," Chris spoke calmly and supportive towards the pokemon

I licked it, so it is mine.

played by
Kaien
Nov 6 2017, 12:06 PM

The sound of the sand crunching beneath his feet was the only noise he heard, aside from the gentle push and pull of the waves. Frankly, it was a little boring. He was out for a run, just trying to get a little exercise and honestly? Look for something to do. It had been a somewhat uneventful day so far, and it definitely didn't suit him. Daxton laid on his head as he ran, but his other pokemon were resting in their pokeballs for the moment. They couldn't quite keep up with his pace, and he wasn't one to slow down.

Put luckily, it seemed his streak of nothing was coming to a never-too-soon end. It was hard to miss the large whale pokemon in the distance, even if it was only a tiny speck compared to the massive creature it would become once it evolved. With a grin on his face, he picked up the pace, though Dax didn't seem any the wiser to what was going on. "Ay Dax, look over there!" The pikachu half-perked his ears, only slightly opened eyes looking where they were going.

"Oh come on, you should be more excited than that, you sleepy head." The pokemon was taking a nap since they'd been running so long, his little legs not quite able to run as much as Mateo's longer legs. It wasn't like he had a heavy body to carry, the man had tried to reason, but there was no talking the electric type out of a nap once his mind was set. He rolled his eyes and continued to approach the trainer and wailmer.

As he got closer, he threw up an arm to wave and called out. "Hey there! Nice pokemon you got!" Whether the greeting was returned or not, he jogged up to get only a few feet away, running the back of his wrist on his forehead as he came to a stop. He appraised the water type and gave an appeciative whistle. "Man, you always gotta love big pokemon. Meanwhile I've just got little guys for the moment." He flicked the pikachu's ear, to which Daxton didn't respond but continued to look at the wailmer with half-lidded eyes.

His attention returned to the trainer. "I'd love to see what that wailmer can do in a battle. What do ya say?" He grinned brightly as he posed the question, hoping the guy would say yes. A battle was the best way to get to know a new pokemon! He wasn't sure who he'd use yet, but it hardly mattered. He was interested more in seeing this guy's pokemon fight.

played by
Renkindle
Nov 6 2017, 04:24 PM

The Wailmer seemed a little hesitant towards Christopher's approach, but she smiled once the trainer had place his hand on her head softly, petting the sea creature. "See, it's okay. We'll grow together, I promise," He spoke as the large sized pokemon smiled and it's whole body nodded. Though, she seemed a little spooked the moment they heard a voice. Chris wasn't too bothered though, and turned his head, spotting a male around his age. "It's alright, Echo. He's just complimenting you," He remained calm with his pokemon, as he smirked.

"Thanks!" he responded, unsure of how to properly interact for once. He probably shouldn't have smoked so much prior to arriving at the beach. His eyes probably looked tired or were hella red, he hadn't looked in a mirror since he had used the bathroom upon arriving into Rustboro City. He was surprised to see the guy get so close so quick. Echo reciprocated Chris' feelings, or at least that was the vibe he had received from the pokemon. "Yeah, big pokemon are great. Especially her," He spoke, as he took his hand off the Wailmer's head. "I'm Christopher by the way, and this Echo," He introduced himself and Wailmer.

His eyes looked the guy up and down, making note of every feature that was blatantly obvious. The biggest thing he noticed was how attractive he was up close. He noticed the Pikachu that was lazily resting on the guy's head. Cute He thought, as the image had reminded him of how Blue would sit on his head in his Oddish stage. "You want a battle? Echo's only been in one battle. But, sure. You up for a little match?" He turned to face the Wailmer, as the pokemon bounced it's body on the water, creating small splashes of water.

"I'll take that as a yes," he chuckled as he faced the guy once again. "Why don't you go first? Let's make a wager on the battle yeah?" Chris suggested, as he began to think of possible things. But, then something hit him. "Loser has to take the winner out on a date? But, if you don't roll that way, loser can just make food for the winner. How's that sound?" He suggested, winking at the male. "Any rules or limits you want for the battle?" He asked, hoping for more than just a one on one. Though, he'd adapt if things didn't play out the way he hoped.

played by
Kaien
Nov 8 2017, 12:40 AM

The young man was glad to see the stranger had taken his approach and compliment so well. Some people didn't appreciate his random comments and challenges very much. Or, you know, at all. Not too mention, the closer he got, the better look he got. And this was definitely a handsome guy. His smile twitched just a little higher as the conversation started, curious to get to know him a little better. And, of course, to battle.

His eyes seemed a little red, enough so that even he noticed. Though for the moment he wasn't quite putting together what it meant, not that he was all that tuned into the subtle things. "Nice to meet ya. I'm Mateo, and this lazy bum is Daxton." The pikachu moaned his objection, halfheartedly stretching and closing his eyes completely. The trainer chuckled. "Yeah, see, just proving my point to these two." He pet the pokemon on it's head.

Of course, nothing matched the joy and enthusiasm he had when Chris agreed to having a battle, confirming with his pokemon that she was also up for one. He was practically bouncing on his heels in anticipation, ready to get the adrenaline pumping from a good match. And when a wager was added to the mix? Oh, that just made it so much sweeter. "A wager sounds great! I like the way you think Chris." He winked at him, as if adding to the specific tone of the bet.

"Go big or go home. Besides, how can I say no to a date with a cute guy like you?" He flashed a brilliant smile, his teeth glinting in the sunlight. But he wasn't all sweet talk. "I just hope you're ready to treat me to something good. I'll be excited to see what you come up with." He paused for a moment, letting the flirt and challenge set in, and then continued. "I'm down for anything. Only got three pokemon on me, so up to a 3v3 max this time around." Which would honestly be his preference, but he'd take what he could get.

Mateo placed his hand on his hips, eyes glancing over to the wailmer to look her over again. He was giddy wondering what other pokemon Chris had hiding away, just waiting to be released. He sure was ready to see what they were. "So, if you're up for it, a 3 on 3 would be awesome. I'll make Dax here go first and get his piece out of the way, but if you want to save Echo for later I won't judge. Otherwise, just standard league rules, blah blah blah. Sound good?"

played by
Renkindle
Nov 8 2017, 11:15 AM

"I'd say the pleasure is mine," he responded, trying not to express his feelings on how cute the lazy pikachu was. Daxton was Chris' spirit animal and he couldn't help but want to hug it. But, he knew better. It was like he could see Mateo's excitement rise to incredible levels, and it became contagious. The smiling and the energy began to transfer over into Chris from the guy. "Oh, is that your strategy? Challenge cute guys and then flirt so that they feel giddy? Keep it up and it just might work," He spoke as he honestly didn't mind taking the guy out anyways.

After all, Christopher was a gentleman.

"Normal league works and 3 on 3. I'll save Echo for later, since you'll start off with an electric type," He spoke, practically giving away that he was relatively knowledgeable about pokemon and battling. Or at least, he had paid attention in school. "I'll get the match started with this baby," He spoke, reaching for a pokeball on his waist band, removing it from the other pokeballs that remained on his belt. He would rely on a specific pokemon to get the battle started. He held the ball out in front of him, pushing the button, allowing for a pokemon to materialize into the space in front of him.

"You ready, Trinity?" He asked as he placed the ball back among the others on his belt. The short, pink pokemon resembled a balloon with a tuft of hair. It chirped in excitement, which soon turned into a stern look on the pokemon's face. "Echo, pay attention okay?" Chris spoke as he looked at the blue and beige pokemon, who began to watch closely and intently. "Challenger goes first, just know that Trinity here is a lot tougher than she looks," He spoke, remembering how helpful she had been along with Blue and Diesel to save Echo. Hell, she even helped Blue save his own life.

The pokemon was cute, but not something to be underestimated. But, he was sure that the same applied to Mateo.

played by
Kaien
Nov 13 2017, 09:56 AM

His grin widened at the comment, knowing full well the flirting could only work on certain people. On others, it would simply get him a string of profanity and/or a smack on the face. Neither of which he was ever very pleased to receive, but the rewards were worth the risk. "Hey, no point having the moves if I don't use 'em, right? Flirting and battling both. It's just an added bonus when my opponent is so easy on the eyes."

It was smart of the guy to choose to wait on using the wailmer until the battle opponent was not an electric type. Unfortunately for Chris, Mateo had another electric type that was arguably stronger in one of his other pokeballs, but that wasn't information he needed to know. Besides, he still had another pokemon he could use against the wailmer potentially instead. Just depends on whether his second pokemon is something strong against Luci or not. He wasn't the type to line up a bad match for himself just for someone cute.

The jigglypuff came out, looking just as excited for the battle ahead. His eyes brightened up as he studied the pokemon, thinking back on the information he knew about the normal type. The potentially threatening thing about normal types, this one especially, was their ability to learn such a diverse pool of moves. There was no telling whether or not this would be an easy round for the balloon pokemon or not, until they got into it. Mateo lifted Daxton off his head, much to the chagrin of the pikachu in the form of groans.

He set the pokemon on the ground, the mouse standing on two feet and rubbing at his eyes. "Alright Dax, time to wake up. We are gonna battle now." That seemed to be a keyword, because although the pikachu was still not quite as energetic as one might expect, his eyes were at least open now and focused on the pink creature across from it. His cheeks started sparking lightly. "I don't doubt that. I'm excited to see what she can do. Alright, let's get this started with a Thunder Shock!"

His voice rang out, and it took the pokemon only a second of hesitation to follow the command. Mateo knew they needed to start small. Lucianna liked to go in big, using strong moves right off the bat while she was well rested, but Dax was the opposite. It was the best analogy to say he was not a morning person, needing a little time to wake up before doing his stronger moves. The electricity from his cheeks flashed and sparked more intensely, fur standing on end as he charged up the energy for the shock. The charge quickly collected before the shock fired off towards Trinity.

played by
Renkindle
Nov 15 2017, 11:45 AM

He couldn't control his body's reactions to the man's words. His cheeks were blushing a bright red, as he tried to focus on the battle. "Has anyone told you how handsome you are?" He couldn't stop himself from the horrendous flirting he was attempting. Trinity huffed loudly, trying to catch Christopher's attention. Thankfully, she had pulled her trainer back to the focus of the battle but only as she received a relatively strong thundershock. "Oh no Trinity! I'm sorry!" Chris spoke, as the pink balloon looked at Chris angrily. "Fire back with a Hyper Voice!" He ordered, as the Jigglypuff planted her feet into the ground, and began to suck in some air.

She then closed her mouth, and upon reopening, she released a sonic boom from her mouth that headed directly towards the Pikachu. The boom was a deep, loud voice that managed to echo throughout the beach. Honestly, he had purposely taught Trinity to use that move so he could see the little, pink, female pokemon use a deep voice. It made him giggle a little bit, despite them being in the heat of a battle. The Jigglypuff seemed pleased to see the move released, and looked to Chris for praise.

"Good job Trinity!" He mustered through the small giggle fit he had found himself in. His focus went back to Mateo though, sizing the guy up finally. He looked to be about the same height, and with muscles. He was definitely beautiful, and Chris couldn't help but staring at the guy. It wasn't often that he'd get to see such beautiful men, at least other than his traveling partner, Sidney. But, this guy was much more his speed and his ability to fluster Chris was a shock.

played by
Kaien
Nov 17 2017, 04:30 PM

His smiled gleaned across the field at the compliment, but unfortunately he was paying a little closer attention to the battle than his opponent. Not even a cute boy could pull away his pure determination to prove himself as the best. Not that he was the best - far from it, really - but each battle was a test. And each victory was a small step towards building up his skills and reputation to what he hopes people look at him as one day.

There'd be plenty of time for flirting when Chris took him out on a date. Not usually Mateo's style, but he wasn't one to turn down a bet.

The pokemon across the field was much more upset about the distraction being caused to her trainer though, and seemed to snap his attention back. At the command, the jigglypuff released the burst of sonic energy, which shot across the field and slammed into Daxton, causing him to be shoved back a few inches. His face cringed at the pain, but after he looked more alert than ever. That was exactly what he needed to wake up.

"Dax, show 'em your Electro Ball." With a flourish of his hand he issued the command, Mateo confident the attack would be effective on this pokemon. The little pink balloon wasn't well known for it's speed, after all. Dax stood on two feet, this cheeks sparking up once again as he focused, electricity forming quickly in front of him, the little ball of thunder pulling together and bigger as the energy rushed to move. He hopped and turned, using his tail to bash the ball of energy, shooting it off towards Trinity.

And it didn't escape Mateo's notice that Chris' eyes were back on him once again, instead of the battle. Well, who said he couldn't use charms to distract his opponent. His own gaze remained on the electro ball as it tried to hit it's target, his hands clenching purposefully, tightening the toned muscles along his arm for a moment. Flexing outright would be too much of a giveaway, so he kept it low-key for now, trying to keep the guy distracted. He was really just curious if it would work more than anything.

played by
Renkindle
Nov 21 2017, 11:12 AM

Chris finally found his focus as the Pikachu had released an electro ball on his Jigglypuff. He began to panic, as did the little pink balloon pokemon at the same time. "Protect, Trinity!" Chris ordered as the pink pokemon quickly set up a glimmering barrier, deflecting the electroball into the sky. Chris sighed as the Jigglypuff turned to look at her trainer, flustered and annoyed with him. He was sure that the pokemon wanted to doubleslap him, or hyper voice him into the water. "Let's turn up the heat, Trinity. Dazzling Gleam!" Chris ordered as they went on the offensive, as the barrier disappeared, the Pink Pokemon turned to face the Pikachu.

A bright white, dazzling gleam came from Trinity's eyes as she made the Pikachu, that had tried to fry her, her main target. He was sure that the pokemon would satisfy for drawing as long as she beat the electric rat. He could see the determination of the pokemon to prove that she was strong to herself. Though, Chris already knew that she was. After all, she had helped repel Tentacool and Tentacruel with the help of the newly evolved Blue and his Koffing, Diesel, whom was now back home.

"I've seen all I needed to see. I'll keep staring when you take me out though," Chris taunted, sticking out his tongue partially at his opponent. He couldn't let down his pokemon after all. They needed him as much as he needed them. Plus, Trinity did help save his life, and he owed the pokemon as much. Though, averting his gaze seemed to be difficult as he wondered what the guy looked like naked. He only hoped as good as he did with clothes on.

played by
Kaien
Dec 1 2017, 09:55 AM

Watching as his opponent threw up a protect in the nick of time. Well, that was unfortunate, but there was no use lingering on it. Moves like protect were unfortunate for an opponent to have, but from a trainer's point of view, extremely useful. Electro ball could have been a pretty devastating attack potentially, so it was certainly a good call. He was glad this wasn't going to be an easy battle.

The flash of light caused by the beam of fairy power shot through the air, bashing into Dax. He cried out in alarm, stumbling backwards from the brunt of the attack. Though it was certainly not a great attack to take, it wasn't going to bring him down just yet, of that Mateo was sure. The pikachu was back on four feet, staring as his opponent in a matter of seconds. The battle was well on its way, but they would certainly need to be careful of any other big attacks.

"Alright Dax, let's retaliate with a thunderbolt!" Sparks immediately started to light up from his cheeks, the pokemon more than ready to fight back. The energy quickly collected, the yellow sparks flashing around him as he set to charging the attack. Within a few moments the lightning was shooting off, the much stronger electrical attack rushing towards their opponent. He assumed the jigglypuff would be able to withstand the attack, a knew they'd need to focus on dodging any other big attacks if they wanted to win. "When I take you out, huh? We'll see about that!"

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll