OLIVIA VALENTINE

OLIVIA VALENTINE

KAHUNA
ALOLA

STARK
GMT-5
DISCORD/PM

ABOUT
Olivia is the cutest Kahuna in Alola, except she would never say that because it's disrespectful to Hapu who is also a cutie. But! She is very cute.

Liv was raised here on Akala Island, and lived with her grandmother after her parents passed away under mysterious circumstances. It was from them she gained her appreciation for rare artifacts, specifically stones. And also rock pokemon.

She spends most of her time at her shop, but also has a consistent social life and is very much a social butterfly.

PLATONIC
Liv loves friends!!! I imagine she has a rather big circle because she just makes friends very easily and keeps in touch with everyone. She's also pretty responsible and always concerned about people, and very cautious. Although she was conflicted about becoming Kahuna, especially at a young age, she's since accepted her role and takes it very seriously.
ANTAGONISTIC
As friendly as she is, I imagine Olivia has pissed off at least one person in her life with a misplaced comment or something being taken as an insult. She's not intentionally mean, usually, but she can be if you give her reason to. "Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them," is very much her. She can also be a little petty, but most of the time she tries to handle things maturely. I swear.
ROMANTIC
Wow, that's funny. She's always moping about being single, even when she has interested men in her life. She's flirty, but for some reason, never had a boyfriend. And she never will because that's gross. She's all filled up here, but I do love the idea of her disappointing men in her life that think she's interested and don't realize she just has a flirty kinda personality.
OTHER
So if you complete the Akala trials, you're going to face her and she's not easy! She knows she isn't the strongest trainer out there but she tries her best, and knows how to cover her monotype teams weaknesses.

She also needs some customers! She's got a lot of evolutionary stones and also just pretty gemstones and stuff, a lot of which her Lycanroc has dug up.

Ulaula Kahuna

played by
chava
Oct 8 2017, 07:16 PM

Don't worry about it!! <3 I'm so excited for these two ngl. The feeling is definitely mutual and Soleil spends a lot of time at Olivia's shop just so she can spend time with her. And also probably buys jewelry just so she can give it to Olivia lmfao. She's almost as hopeless as Olivia but she has a little bit more experience and already knows fully well that she likes women so! There's that.

I'm so excited for these two ;w;

And Nanu will always snark back with "Well, if you were stabbed, that wouldn't be very Kahuna-y of you."

He grumps about Olivia a lot, probably, but there's no real malice behind it. She seems like she's doing a good job as Kahuna and he knows she's much more fitting for this position than he is. Tapu Lele knew what it was doing when it chose her, so she deserves respect for that! But he probably enjoys gently ribbing her since she can give it back twice as hard.

Honestly, out of all of the Kahunas, she's probably the one he's most comfortable around. Hapu is too serious and Hala is too... everything.

Twinkletoes

played by
Fox
Oct 9 2017, 03:25 AM

Okay, so I mentioned this the other night, but I'm SUPER here for Kiawe getting caught up in this blossoming crushing between Liv and Soleil. It's gonna be lost on him for a bit (oh my god, ask her yourself!!!), but turns out he's constantly living 3 steps away from turning into a romcom sidekick?

I could definitely see him being totally smitten by her when they first met (timeline wise, I'm not sure which of them would be in their role first), and he's totally over it now because she's like... his big sister? He hates making the trek to her store to talk to her, but he really likes her store? HE LOVES ROCKS TOO. He probably... brings her rocks. Volcanic rocks. "Hey, look, more obsidian, you need it?"

And he just gives it to her free of charge, because technically she's his boss?

I'm going full shaka bro with Kiawe, which puts Olivia into a funny middle-ground of "What do I call her?" Auntie seems borderline offensive cuz she's not that much older than him, so he defaults to Sis - and I really am kinda keen on a sibling-buddy relationship between them? They get along well enough in small doses, but the longer they spend together, the more agitated Kiawe gets because ugh she's so insufferable, so it's best they only hang out on national holidays and on family game night.

But he'd do anything for her, and he's totally gonna be her cheerleader, and he's gonna make sure she gets the girl.

I've got one more day of Thanksgiving hecticness going on Monday, so I'll be a little scarce, but I'm gonna send you a message when I've got a bit of time so we can talk about Liv/Kiawe + Dray/Remy and what we wanna do.

the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 14 2017, 09:54 AM

absolutely yes let them be best snap friends. valerie will take her to all the best cafes. "this one costs you $10,000 just to go in! but it's worth it for the parfait."

also: valerie trying to set her up with boys and becoming increasingly confused when olivia keeps messing it up.

(also: valerie developing a crush on olivia purely through the internet and pining a little for a while and being a little bitter before Manning Up and getting over it and being completely 100% there for olivia's eventual relationship! #characterarcs)

Trainer

played by
Mav
Oct 14 2017, 11:46 AM

Even though Mav technically grew up on Melemele, their friendship still works because he got to travel around a bunch as a kid. His dad was a famous actor so he also had a little of that fall onto him (think Jaden Smith but not at all like Jaden Smith).

So yes childhood friends, but he left roughly 7 years ago after his mom passed and to make it worse when he left he didn’t speak to anyone. Just the funeral happened and he was gone. So that could have made her reaction to it even worse? And did you say drinks? Mav has definitely changed in his time away from the islands, so she could either not like the guy he’s become or he could try to turn her into a partner like himself? Oh and he’d definitely hit on her...a lot. And probably want to battle her too, given her new position.

I see him showing up to her shop trying to pretend he didn’t just bail on all his friends lol

Boo!

played by
Ariel
Oct 17 2017, 05:03 PM

ACEROLA & OLIVIA
Sorry, Acerola is def going to call her mom. I imagine Olivia hates it and yells at her every time, but Ace doesn't care and keeps on doing it.

But really, Acerola looks up to and admires Olivia. Like, she's the only positive female role model in Ace's life. And Acerola is just so "boyish" and she knows it, deep down she kind of wishes that she could be prettier and girlier. I'm all for her hanging around Olivia and kind of trying to imitate her in a way? Like trying to dress and act like her, then getting so frustrated, and Olivia gives her advice on how to be herself.

Just... wholesome love please.
definitely not the masked royal why do you ask

played by
kipper
Oct 31 2017, 08:13 AM

OLIVIA & KUKUI
if she is alola's mom then he is alola's dad which means together they're gently trying to keep everyone from hurting themselves in stupid ways

i imagine them as new parents who are completely not ready for how obliviously dumb their kahuna and captain children are. olivia is the one putting plastic stoppers in the wall sockets and putting up the babyproof gates, and kukui is the one following the baby around and picking it up and turns it 90 degrees whenever it gets too close to the knives

also, he loves that she's such a good influence on acerola. god damn that girl needs some good influences. and not a certain team skull member

let them be best friends and go to kahuna meetings and kukui will watch her battles and learn about her movesets and things and take notes and then she'll check them afterwards and all it will be is a big notepad scribbed with a caricature of badass olivia surfing a wave with one hand holding a boombox on her shoulder and the other making a peace sign and underneath in bubble letters it says 'COWABUNGA!!!!'

King of Excuses

played by
kaltag
Nov 14 2017, 01:31 PM

I'm pretty sure he's scared of her. She's super strong and intimidating and all the things Akiva is sure he is not. Also successful and ambitious. He's not trying to take the island challenge or anything cool. he's just broke and existing in Alola at the moment. But she has a lycanroc and so does he and i think it'd be nice if maybe he had a question or a problem and went to her or like-one day saw her with her lycanroc and was like 'could i ask you a question?' and it went from there.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll