SOLEIL MARLOW

SOLEIL MARLOW

APPRENTICE RESEARCHER
ALOLA

CHAVA
EST
DISCORD/PM

ABOUT
This is Soleil! She was born in Alola but moved to Kalos at the age of eight because her mother wanted to move back home for research. Both of her parents are Pokémon researchers, with her mother being a rather well-known one. Soleil spent some time in Kalos and then traveled around, eventually returning to Alola. Right now, she's trying to come out of her mother's shadow and make a name for herself in Pokémon research.
PLATONIC
Soleil! Is! Very! Friendly! She can be a bit strange and sometimes she just stares at people for awhile instead of approaching them and introducing herself, but she does enjoy new experiences, which includes meeting new people! She's pretty easy to get along with.
ANTAGONISTIC
Why would you hate her. She's not fond of Team Rocket/Skull or anyone who misuses Pokémon. And she's not particularly fond of people who endorse mega evolution because it's Mean in her opinion.
ROMANTIC
Soleil is a gigantic lesbian and her future is maybe-kinda-possibly tied up with Olivia right now? But past relationships are definitely welcome! I don't really have any ideas for here but feel free to hmu.
OTHER
She spent a lot of time traveling so she might have friends she met along her journey that she still talks to.

Her mother is pretty well-known in the researcher community, so people might recognize her because of that.

Twinkletoes

played by
Fox
Oct 6 2017, 10:22 PM

I see the words "gigantic lesbian" and IMMEDIATELY shout yes please and start singing Giant Woman from Steven Universe??? Alright.

Kiawe so totally needs that sunshine in his life, because he doesn't really seek it out himself. "Awkward friends" is basically the best kind of friend for him, as are friends with Jobs and Hobbies, because it means he doesn't have to put as much... effort into things? Like, hey, Soleil's watching me dance and we can talk afterwards but she hopefully won't yell at me for missing her birthday???

And when they do talk I definitely think Kiawe gets caught up in asking about her travels, because he's so jealous but doesn't want to admit it so plainly. He loves home, totally gets why she'd want to come back to the islands, but she got to see so much stuff, unfettered and free, and damn he's so jealous of that.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A THREAD OR SOMETHING I LIKE WRITING STARTERS.

Akala Island Kahuna

played by
Stark
Oct 8 2017, 02:17 AM

so i couldn't get a thread up tonight because i'm ~the worst~ but i'm here to say that liv thinks soleil is so cute and doesn't know what to do with it except give off strong vibes and then consistently deny that she's giving out Vibes. which will be some major mixed signals because why makes things easy, right?

but i mean, she also missed her so much and will try to take up as much of soleil's time as she can. she wants to go to the beach and eat malasadas and maybe kiss a little, is that too much to ask?

i will come at you with more when my brain isn't melting out of my ears but like hey...thank you for making her. ;o;

Akala Island Kahuna

played by
Stark
Oct 10 2017, 10:35 AM

i'm so upset about how adorable they are!!! please spend all of your free time around liv, soleil, she is a LEECH i swear.
the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 14 2017, 11:17 AM

valerie follows her on snap and absolutely loves all her workout pics and beach photos and #fitspo and healthy living and all that jazz. they might have met a few times while she was in kalos, maybe she came to visit the gym, but they were never really that close.

of course on snap valerie pretends they're best friends because she's a complete fraud on the internet and she pretends to be incredibly popular so people will like her.

valerie's kinda sorta got a weird crush on olivia right now that she's totally not dealing with very well so she might get a bit bitter and weird towards soleil, but she's gonna Work It Out and get over it and eventually try to actually be a good friend to the pair of them and really be there for their budding relationship.

they can honeymoon in kalos, valerie's fairies will be the maids of honour, it'll be beautiful

Trainer

played by
Mav
Oct 14 2017, 12:09 PM

So Idk how they would’ve met as it seems their timelines for being in Alola are different so perhaps somewhere on their travels? Idk buuuut, I could see it going two different ways. Mav and Olivia are old friends and he’s extremely flirty and would not shy away from doing so right in front of Soleil. So maybe she hates him for it? Or assuming that doesn’t bother her he’d definitely try to wing man for her and hook her up with other girls etc. it’d Be fun for him having a girl to talk about girls with lol.

#science

played by
Janus
Oct 15 2017, 03:56 AM

So up until she began researching the Pokerus, Aarya's official position at the lab was largely a combination of evolutionary-development research + mapping Pokemon genomes. Both her parents were big names in either field (evo-devo was her father's background, whereas genetics was her mother's), so she sort of fused them together. At that time she wasn't really experimenting on Pokemon so much as she was studying them under microscopes. When the Pokerus came her way, though; that was when she turned to experimentation (she tried keeping it humane as possible but unfortunately science doesn't do feelings).

If Soleil met Professor Rowan, maybe he could have sent her to Aarya? Or mentioned her name as one of his prize pupils, because I imagine he was super duper proud of her then. That way Soleil actually knows Aarya -- for that added sweet, sweet drama! Right now Aarya really isn't up for an ethics debate or morality in scientific research (because lol she's just really done with people rn), but she would still, at the very least, somewhat justify herself. Not her role in the lab accident but what she was doing with the Pokerus. She wouldn't try to convince Soleil of anything (especially as she is in no position to lecture someone on how to conduct scientific research), but she would explain her position.

After she tried fleeing, of course.

And she would totally understand Soleil disliking her: she can't fault her for it, after all.

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Oct 18 2017, 04:28 AM

Listen, I really like Soleil and both she and Dorian are super friendly, super gay researchers. And while Dorian is currently in Unova, and Soleil in Alola, they both grew up in Kalos, and I think they'd made adorable friends.

Maybe, since both her parents are researchers and Dori's a few years older the Soleil, they could have been introduced when Dorian was first getting started with his scientific career? He was way more awkward and quiet and jumpy back then, b/c he was going through a rough relationship at the time, but I think it could be super cute if she knew him in his not-so-optimistic days and knows about his ~growth as a person into this positive, affectionate idiot. And if she was one of the people who was there for him during that tough period of his life, he'd be totally supportive of anything in her life in turn, and he'd ship the fuck outta her and Liv.

Also, when she first decided to pursue research, he'd have been totally hype about it if they knew each other then. He gets so passionate about anyone pursuing the field, and he'd treat her with her own merit rather than constantly holding her to her parents' standards b/c that is so not fair, girl deserves her own credit!

Since they both travel/have traveled in the past (maybe they could've went on a wild road trip together at some point asdfghjk) I bet long-distance friendship wouldn't be a problem for them! That's honestly 99% of his friendships >>

Sword of the League

played by
Azol
Oct 27 2017, 02:58 AM

Franz isn’t a big research guy in himself. But he does love to engage with researchers and academics. He had a very odd education that focused a lot on Classics and History and that kind of stereotypical ‘old money’ subjects. So, if he gets a chance to meet a Professor or Researcher he tends to try and make the most of it. Partly because he’s too polite to ever say please stop talking and partly because he finds it all very interesting, so I expect he engaged all too willingly with her mother on countless occasions, I imagine he was travelling lots when Soleil was younger but he bumps into them a lot talks about all these pretty things he saw on his travels and ouuuu what interesting research you’re doing Dr Marlow. -nod- -nod-.

Now it’s just a different Doctor Marlow and I expect Franz to be just as willing to listen. He was probably swiping through Alola on the last leg of his seven region challenge whilst Soleil was training and you can just imagine he came prepared with mountains of gifts that would suit a child perfectly but she’s all grown up and he’s like o.o -hides teddy bears/chocolates/bow and arrows- and tells her he’ll find something else soon. Then he disappeared off the face of the earth for a year and re-emerged wearing armour and just a little bit sadder and a tiny bit less confident.

If you’d like I’d be more than happy to fathom out some past topic where Soleil’s encountered a little bit of trouble or something (maybe when she’s first starting out?) and jolly old Uncle Franz appears to lend a small hand and maybe teach her a lesson?

I mean he could even have given a talk at her school about how to battle and how to take differing approaches to battling and took a shine to her when she tried to out-question him or something? I mean it’s not out of his character to maybe throw some of that sweet Elite 4 money at her research because damn that girl deserves it.

definitely not the masked royal why do you ask

played by
kipper
Oct 31 2017, 08:02 AM

SOLEIL & KUKUI
he will absolutely call on her for research help! the cool thing about being the pokemon moves professor is he just gets to have heated battles and call it research so, he'd probably just end up calling her and being like I NEED TO SEE YOU RIGHT NOW IMMEDIATELY and when she gets there he's like knee-deep in weird fish pokemon trying to work out what to call an electric-type Z-move

ur right tho they'd just... get along. really well. no dramas or issues just science friends i love them

just bloom.

played by
ecto
Nov 3 2017, 11:23 PM

sdmfsdkl sorry this all took so long for me to get back to GOSH I LOVE HER WHAT A SWEET GAL

evie will like her immediately. soleil's sentimental and sweet and evie has a soft spot for both alola and kalos and she'd like sharing those sort of matching attachments with a friend. i def like the idea of evie and sol and dori all hangin out having lunch or coffee and sol and dori talking research and evie just being like "i have no idea what you're talking about but i'm really excited for you guys"
this life we live, we only live one.

played by
shiny
Nov 7 2017, 07:04 PM

aaaaaaa i love her so muuuuuuuuuch and gray would also like he a whole lot and now i'm just imagining evie randomly bringing him along on one of their friend dates and he's like 'yes hello no continue as usual'. he's prob heard of her mama and maybe even met her and admires her a lot!! anyway idk much else for them i just know he thinks she's a cool pickle x3
King of Excuses

played by
kaltag
Nov 14 2017, 01:47 PM

If she stared at him instead of talking to him he'd stare back. Just. Stare. This long and awkward staring contest that he certainly wouldn't be the first to break from. Anyway. He's weird and i'd love for them to meet because she seems like someone who would make an impact on him. He's kind of drifting around alola because he's incredibly broke and unmotivated, so maybe he could help her out with research in his copious free time?

He's super chill and will go along with anything, so if she wanted to do some dangerous research adventure then he'd probably be convinced to go as well. I just think it'd be cool if they ended up as friends. ^^

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll