ACEROLA SERIZ

Acerola Cherí Seriz

TRIAL CAPTAIN
ALOLA

ARIEL
EST
DISCORD @ARIEL#1012

ABOUT
okay, this is my (totally inaccurate) take on acerola. she comes from a "troubled" background, y'know she's the only surviving member of the alolan royal family because of a tragic fire, so she's basically a princess. but don't call her that, she'll hurt you, or at least try to. she's not very strong, physical or pokémon wise, and she's just here to have some fun so she'll probably laugh while she's getting her butt kicked. she likes to skate (do skateboards exist in the pokémon world) but, like most things, she's very bad at it. she's bad at, like, everything, but she always tries, even though it doesn't really get her anywhere. and, another thing, she doesn't really have a home. she grew up in the Aether Foundation but now just kind of wanders around, always ending up at the Thrifty Megamart, because it's abandoned and that's cool! she's a girl that's very into what's cool, and to her what's cool is hanging out in abandoned places with ghosts and drinking a moo-moo milkshake on the side of the road at 4 o'clock in the morning. she'll put a band-aid on a cut showing bone and call it a day (so she's pretty useless in the scheme of things). this girl's all about making friends, going on adventures, and having fun. she has no time for boring old-timers like her uncle nanu.
PLATONIC
acerola is friends with everyone. she's the type of person who will just come up and talk to you about something even though she's never met her. her tactic of making as many friends as she has is just talk to them, even if they look annoyed annoy them even further, that's how she met her uncle nanu, and how she meets everyone else. the annoying part of her eventually becomes endearing, so in a way she forces people to become her friends. she is always making friends, come be annoyed by her, you won't regret it.
ANTAGONISTIC
right now the biggest antagonists are Team Skull, right? Well, acerola could care less about them as long as they don't do anything horrible in her immediate line of sight, and she's even skated with them a few times. the real people she doesn't like are the sticks in the mud (like the police) who are always yelling at her that "this is private property" and "hey, ma'am, you can't skate there". she's a pretty chill girl and doesn't go out of her way to dislike anyone, in fact the only thing she really spends time on is getting everyone to like her. i think enemies would just be people that are stuck up or just really big assholes that she dislikes, but she'd rather avoid them unless they come after her. oh, but I'm totally here for "sworn enemies" who play jokes on each other but at the end of the day laugh about it, so not really enemies at all just playfully-mean.
ROMANTIC
acerola is a lesbian all the way. she won't even entertain men in that way and looks at them as nothing more than friends. they're her buds, and she makes sure that they know, and she can hang. around women it's a different story. she becomes very shy and flustered, with sweaty hands and she can't stop blurting stuff out, she becomes totally uncool. because she's so shy she rarely has relationships, and she's totally a virgin, so this would be her first girl to be with in any way. she's not ready for anyone to take that because she's so shy and behind the times, but she's open for any girl that wants to swing her way!
OTHER
I guess i'll list specific plots I would like her.

some girl friend who eventually becomes a girl-friend, maybe. just hanging out at one in the morning, skating where they shouldn't, and having sleepovers in the abandoned thrifty megamarket. and a group of delinquents she frequently hangs out with.

Ulaula Kahuna

played by
chava
Oct 12 2017, 02:34 PM

acerola you are going to give this old man a heart attack in his advanced age

i don't really have much to say here except i love the idea that she basically bugged nanu until he grew fond of her, since that fits perfectly w/ nanu's personality, and now that he's known her for awhile he regards her as family (although idk if he'd ever admit that because he's not great w/ Feelings).

nanu tries to keep acerola out of po town because it's a mess and he obviously fails. and he's always glaring at team skull grunts if he catches them hanging out w/ acerola. he wishes she would focus more on her duties as a trial captain, but in all honesty he doesn't blame her for wanting to go off and have some adventure.

little shit

played by
kipper
Oct 12 2017, 05:56 PM

Team Delinquents!

they're delinquent. they're the same age. they love skating and milk bars. and archie's part of team skull, so i totally reckon he'd have to come to the region sometimes to do some business engagements. i reckon they'd make very good friends. text a lot and see each other whenever they're in town. he calls her "princess" mockingly and likes to make jokes about breaking nails and being bad at skating. (can he have taught her? can she have taught him??) and with acerola being so aggressively gay he doesn't have his usual problem of ruining his female friendships with sex! it's perfect!

(that said i can't promise he won't try)

little shit

played by
kipper
Oct 12 2017, 09:52 PM

i'm into... literally everything you said. i got nothing else to say, haha. wanna set up a text thread?
Twinkletoes

played by
Fox
Oct 13 2017, 04:05 PM

Ok, so I'm super torn because on one hand, Kiawe ABSOLUTELY treats Acerola as his kid sister (even though they're only a year apart in age, she is A Child and Needs Protection), so I think they get along okay, but on the other hand he's kinda stuffy and serious? Like, he's no Nanu, but he definitely tries to carry himself with dignity and grace and tries to shut down her antics... and then gets dragged into her antics because he wants to make sure she's safe.

They probably have a super frustrating relationship because Acerola probably never asked for this, but he insists. And it's 50% because she's important to him and the people he cares about, and then 50% because, um, she's royalty and frankly Kiawe don't wanna be known as the guy who let the royal line die out?? Sounds real bad, man.

I definitely see her as sorta... being a big part of Kiawe's adventurous spirit? Like, I can see her getting into trouble, so he sets off after her and they both end up in some super bad and dangerous situation, and as mad as Kiawe is about it, he realizes he enjoys the thrill. He wants to travel the world for nerdy and bookish reasons, but even then he talks himself out of it because it's dangerous and cold and wet and windy and he's not about that life, but this annoying little child who doesn't wear wristguards when she skates brings out that side of him over the course of many lil adventures.

(Also I love the image of her just hanging out with Skull and Kiawe being like 'old man yells at clouds', except 'high-strung dancer yells at boys to keep away from his sis'.)

Akala Island Kahuna

played by
Stark
Oct 13 2017, 08:59 PM

gosh i've been wanting to plot with acerola so bad, i love your interpretation of her!! so first i'm throwing olivia at her!

now liv thinks she's a punk, but like, in a Good Way. sk8r grl, you know? she does fluctuate between thinking ace is endearing and absolutely frustrating, much like she thinks of nanu.

she's incredibly helpful, though, and very supportive of all of the trial captains on every island, not just her own. liv definitely bugs nanu about how ace is doing because this is a child, please look out for her you bum!! don't let her get in trouble!!! i know you don't really care but please, she's precious!!

tldr liv is a mom, sometimes, but don't call her mom.

definitely not the masked royal why do you ask

played by
kipper
Oct 31 2017, 07:54 AM

ACEROLA & KUKUI
he is absolutely her cool dad

i love everything you wrote there and had nothing to add so instead i wrote them a thread. luv u

the white wolf

played by
kipper
Nov 7 2017, 10:42 AM

hey does acerola wanna adopt min's misdreavus? here's min's pc. the misdreavus comes with a spell tag and a history. she believes a trial captain would be morally suitable to reform a bad boy and so would probably agree to acerola having him around. (min's probably wrong about that, but she believes what she believes and who are we to try and change her mind??) we could mock up a plot thing wherein min is investigating a ranger case near the thrifty megamarket, a missing kid or some hauntings or something, and acerola strikes her fancy?

idk i was just thinking min's all about rehabilitation and release (plus like every one of my characters has to interact with every one of yours apparently)

King of Excuses

played by
kaltag
Nov 14 2017, 01:38 PM

Looking at her makes Akiva feel tired. He's super unambitious and has no drive for anything, and is currently broke so he's just kind of drifting around Alola. he does have a nice collection of shiny gym badges locked away tho! and that has to count for something. Somewhere.

I'd love if somehow he got roped into some kind of adventure with her. He'd hate it a lot but he needs to be motivated to do things, okay? Haunted and abandoned places in the early morning? No thank you, Akiva says. Yes please, I say. I'd love if they ended up acquaintance-friends and it forced him to actually DO something.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll