FRANZ WIKSTROM

DUKE FRANZ WIKSTROM

ELITE FOUR MEMBER
KALOS

AZOL
GMT
PM/DISCORD

ABOUT
The Duke is just your every day, regular, armour wearing, archaic manner of speaking guy. Sure, he might look like he’s just walked out of some sort of odd renaissance fair but he’s nothing to be trifled with. A Pokémon trainer of great skill, experience and discipline hailing from a rather ancient and odd Kalosian family he’s spent most of his life training and battling and though he might be dealing with quite intense heartbreak nothing pulls him from his melancholy like a long and beautiful battle in which the twin virtues of honour and valour are correctly espoused by both himself and his opponent. Franz takes his status as a member of the league very, very seriously, returning clad in his suit of resplendent plate armour with its dull star affixed to the breastplate and his eyes brimming with joy at the idea of facing and challenging yet another very well skilled trainer.

A very caring and honourable man, he sometimes journeys about the place offering his skills and his expertise at Pokémon academies and schools or helping in protecting the innocent and weak from the predations of those who would seek to do them harm. Should he find such people, he will no doubt use every one of the many skills and techniques he’s both learned and had drilled into him from birth to their greatest efficacy, driving all those before him in a style that is uniquely his own.

PLATONIC
I'm sure there's room for a veritable horde of friends, adopted children and the like. Of course other league members will fit in best here, but the Duke believes it is a responsibility of his to lecture when given the time other trainers on how to improve their technique. Expect to have seen him this one time at a school somewhere, or send him fan mail if you're a fellow steel trainer and he'll doubtless appear. Franz once held great feasts at his mansion, but after a great tragedy befell him he shut his doors to friends and for years now has not had guests. Feel free to try and change that.

In reality, anyone who conducts and acts in an honest and good manner can become a fast friend of Franz. Younger and less experienced trainers can expect a good old Fathering if they want it and the older and stronger ones will find a fast friend, albeit one who is secretive about his own past.

ANTAGONISTIC
Just don't y'know be rude. Behave, be punctual, be intelligent and caring and honorable. Franz has no time for those people who would seek to do others or their Pokemon harm. Whilst the days of Franz Wikstrom smasher of evil and general all-round good guy are consigned to newspaper clippings and silly stories that part of his personality has only been reinforced by the death of his mother. Also being punched in the mouth by a guy wearing plate armour is not nice.
ROMANTIC
Lol yea, romance. Probably barking up the wrong tree. But if you're interested in being made to feel like a medieval Princess by a man whose never seen without his plate armour then message me on Discord and we'll fathom something out.
OTHER
Franz' style of battling is one that employs a myriad of destructive strategies that oftentimes intersect only to pull away from one another to then coalesce and drive tired, bedraggled opposition before him with steely intent. He battles Pokemon in the same way he was taught to wield a sword, with feints, false maneuvers, hard cuts and slashes and the final decisive stab.

Also playing the piano is a big deal to him, he loves to play his piano so much so that if one should ever attempt to visit his lonely abode away from the Pokemon League, they may hear the quiet, gentle sound of a man relieving himself of his burdens with the swelling movements of fingers on keys.

the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 24 2017, 01:24 PM

valerie is just. so not enthused by the armour thing. (also, steel types are meanies and ugly and not #aesthetic at all and thus she hates them.) i feel like whenever there's league meetings valerie just shoots him glares and mean looks and makes fun of his weird accent because she's a bad person. i mean like, he probably doesn't care at all but i'm just throwing this out there. valerie's like a petulant little child she just wants someone to notice her and if being mean is how she's gonna do it then she's gonna do it: probably weakly, and she won't commit to save her life, but still.

she does Not want him to dad her. get away from here with your ugly mean pokemon and your weird armour, you're not her real dad

a desert in my blood and a storm in your eyes

played by
chava
Oct 26 2017, 05:49 PM

franz is like the weird grandpa margot never asked for (jk)

so she's definitely not a big fan of him, at least at first? i've never really thought about it but i don't think she's fond of gym leaders/elite 4 members in general bc it involves constantly battling pokemon and her family's business was born out of that environment?

i really like the idea of them teaming up for the missing kids, although margot's only here because she's concerned that where there's missing humans, there's usually missing pokemon, too. and that watchog still hasn't turned up.

honestly, her first reaction to seeing a man in a full of suit armor is just gonna be "what the fuck" tbh. if she sees him and dray chatting like old friends she'll just stare at them like this:

so yusuke's my team rocket grunt and i really want him to be on a mission to kalos for something and then he sees franz and he's 99% sure someone's snuck him acid, somehow

also: franz chasing after this idiot punk who is absolutely convinced this is just a random lunatic and not actually an elite 4 member

soleil spent a lot of time in kalos since she moved back there from alola when she was about 10, and her mother's a pretty big name researcher, so she miiiight have crossed paths with soleil's mom (and soleil, cuz she probably tagged along) at some point? i know franz isn't really a Research guy but maybe soleil's mom liked talking to the elite 4 members to study their battles or something. idk! if soleil does know him she thinks he's a pretty cool if weird dude and encourages him to make a snap
a desert in my blood and a storm in your eyes

played by
chava
Oct 28 2017, 03:52 PM

everything here sounds good and i'm looking forward to their thread (w/ drayden?) !

yusuke's just a little shit basically

he usually sticks to cities and urban areas but i'm sure i can finagle some reason for him to be out in the wilderness!

ngl she probably tears up whenever he calls her doctor and she's just "oh um—i'm not technically—well—nvm"

she only just very, very recently returned to alola tho so she might not've seen him since she left kalos a couple years ago? cuz she left kalos and then spent awhile just traveling and only returned to alola v recently.

i'm good with a past or present thread tho! they could also have a battle (all for good sport) while she's constantly just questioning him about everything cuz she's curious and wants to know Everything

Ocean in the rise and fall: lungs of everyone I love.

played by
Sif
Nov 1 2017, 04:00 PM

Say...how are Franz's sea legs? If Sid and Franz were ever on a boat together, Sid would be super confused by Franz and probably keep his distance unless Franz needed his help, either because Franz is motion sick or he's trying to help someone else who is motion sick.

As far as their interactions go, Sid ain't too bright, so he'd spend a lot of the time trying to decipher what Franz is saying (and wearing), but he'd try his darndest!

I could also picture someone going overboard and Sid being terrified that Franz would try to save them whilst wearing a suit of armor, or Franz taking forever to get his suit of armor off in order to dive into the water and save the person. Yay boats?

If I hold on much longer I might break my hands.

played by
Coti
Nov 5 2017, 11:14 AM

Laurel would remember the "guy in tin foil" growing up from school, but as she grew up and focused more on herself and not becoming a girl with daddy issues - which, she most definitely is by the way - she wouldn't have put much thought into the knight again. Should they/when they meet, Laurel would probably be stand-off-ish ("why are you so interested in helping me old man? you're not my dad-") but like look. Laurel really needs a positive male influence in her life and if she can't get that from her workaholic father I can see her eventually clinging to Franz's influence, regardless of how ... unique it may be.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll