A Realistic Pokemon RP

Add Topic
New Poll

watch the sky, #dorian/taylor
Apprentice Researcher

played by
chava
Oct 23 2017, 07:33 PM

This isn't the first time Soleil's been to Melemele Island, or even its meadows, but this is the first time she's been with Dorian—and besides, every time she visits, she's always filled with the same thrill and excitement at seeing such a beautiful place. The tourists are less common here, despite the beautiful flowers, likely because they're unwilling to deal with the various wild bug Pokémon that live in the meadow. Soleil has no problem with them; they're who she's here to see in the first place.

"They're around here somewhere," she says, scanning the fields of flowers. She hasn't exactly told Dorian exactly why they're visiting the meadow today, but she hopes the answer will make itself apparent soon enough. She steps into the fields, careful to move among the flowers and Pokémon nesting underneath carefully, trying to find what she's looking for.

"There!" She keeps her voice quiet, pointing at the tiny Pokémon flying from flower to flower, carefully collecting the nectar before moving onto another. "A Cutiefly," she says, even though Dorian likely already knows. He probably knows more of them than Soleil, given his focus on fairy-type Pokémon, but Soleil thought it would be nice to see them regardless. "They're adorable. And the Ribombees are amazing, with the pollen puffs they make."

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Oct 23 2017, 11:56 PM

Alola is just as he remembers it: tropical, breezy, beautiful. He'll always have the softest spot for Kalos, for home, but there's a certain sense of wonder as they wander through a sea of yellow flowers, Dorian carefully watching his step to ensure he doesn't step on any of their unassuming pollinators.

Soleil points one out to him, and the grin that parts his lips is reminiscent of a child's. He'd come to Alola before, but that trip had been with purpose; after receiving Popplio for his research, he'd wasted little time in studying it in its native habitat before his return flight was due. There hadn't been much room for sightseeing, and of the sights he did see, this beautiful meadow was not one of them. He knows there's others, too, in differing colours with equally diverse species.

"They're so cute!"

He's so caught up in fawning that he doesn't notice the pun, at first, and laughs. Cutiefly. Right.

"Oh Arceus, Soleil, I need one."

He's only half-joking; he hadn't come out here with the intent to catch anything, or even to study it, but he can't help himself from pulling out his phone and snapping a few photos, careful to avoid disturbing the little bugs. He's already got some info filled out in his pokedex, but adds Melemele meadows to the list of known locations.

"You know me too well," he scolds, with evident fondness. "Alola's so beautiful. How's it been treating you, lately?"

Apprentice Researcher

played by
chava
Oct 24 2017, 08:52 PM

Even with all the traveling she's done, all the Pokémon she's seen, there's still something exciting about this, about venturing into the wilderness and seeing a Pokémon in its natural habitat, even if it's one she's seen a dozen times before. The one lesson she's taken away from traveling is that there's always more to learn. There's always someone else with a new perspective, there's always something new about a particular Pokémon that she has yet to discover.

She could spend all day here, watching the Pokémon roam around the flowers; maybe she will, depending on whether or not Dorian would enjoy that. She grins at the pun, watching Dorian quickly snap a few photographs of the small bugs. "Some people plant big, beautiful flowers, just for them. They come and get food, and they'll leave pollen puff." It's a natural cure-all of sorts, something that the native Alolans have been using for years; it's recently become a bit of a tourist trinket, which has led to an increase in the price, but there are still the occasional home gardens, if you know where to look.

"I love it here," she says. How can she not? It's home, even though she's been away from it for so long. "Nowhere else is like it." She doesn't just mean the meadow, either. The other regions all have their beautiful sites, but Alola is something special. "Good! It's nice to be home. It's nice that it feels like home." She'd been worried about that when she first started planning to return, but her worrying had been for nothing; the islands welcomed her back with open arms. "Don't get me wrong, I love Kalos, but Alola . . ." She trails off, hoping Dorian will understand. Then again, maybe he feels the same way about Kalos she feels about Alola. "And you? How's your research?"

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Oct 26 2017, 08:54 PM

Dorian listens with fascination as Soleil informs him of the Alolan custom, smiling at the thought. It reminds him of his gardens back home in Kalos, and even further back, of a lonely apartment filled with flower pots and scattered hopes. The memory is bittersweet; he blinks it away.

"It's like I do for the vivillon back home," he says, warmly. He knew what flowers each variant liked, what they'd eat as scatterbug, all of it.

A smile touches his lips as Soleil speaks of home. He understands, perhaps more than anyone, what it's like to miss home. He loves travelling, loves studying pokemon from all the regions and meeting other researchers and trying foreign foods, but there's nothing quite like the feeling of stepping off a plane onto Kalosian soil. I need to go back, soon.

"I know the feeling," he assures her. "Unova's wonderful, and I've made a lot of headway with my research, there, but I miss home a lot. And the cafes!" His laugh is light, airy. "Research has been going well, though I gotta admit I keep getting sidetracked with exploring. It's my first time in Unova, and all, so I just want to see everything." He's been there a few months, now, but it feels like it's gone by in a flash. "I can't wait to see more of Alola, too. Are the other meadows this pretty?"

Apprentice Researcher

played by
chava
Nov 1 2017, 10:42 PM

She remembers Vivillon vividly. Although they weren't too common in the city, she would often venture outside the city limits—with a parent when she was young, her mother's Lycanroc when she could be trusted alone—just to watch the creatures swarming flowers. It's times like those she wishes she could draw, as her father does, sketching out his research rather than putting it into numbers—she's seen so many patterns on their wings that she's forgotten, but it excites her to know that there are so many left to discover.

"Mm, don't remind me." She clutches her stomach in mock anguish, giggling. She loves Alolan food just as much as Kalosian food, but there's no good restaurants for that around here; the ones that try to make crêpes always end up making them a tad too thick, and she's a mess in the kitchen herself.

"Yeah! Everything's so exciting, isn't it? Have you been to Humilau City? it almost reminds me of here." Talking about all of this has her excited and before she knows it, a Cutiefly buzzes over to them, curiously hovering around her. Soleil keeps quiet, watching the tiny Pokémon examine her aura and then Dorian's in turn. Satisfied that they're not actually flowers, it buzzes off, returning to the meadows.

"I wish I'd gotten that on camera! They don't operate by sight, so sometimes they think people are flowers. I've never had one come up to me before, though." She looks around the meadow, the flowers as bright as always. "There are other meadows, but I think this one is the biggest."

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 9 2017, 08:24 PM

At mention of Humilau, Dorian perks up and nods enthusiastically. "Oh, yes! I have a friend from there! Their little dock houses are so charming." It does resemble Alola more than most parts of Unova, he has to agree. Unova's like that; a mix of all different styles and cultures. "I didn't get to stay long, though."

Anything else he might have said on the resort town is cut short by a soft intake of breath as a cutiefly buzzes near his friend. He doesn't want to say anything, or shout, or startle the little bug, but the wide grin on his face betrays his thoughts on the matter.

It hovers next to him, and the delight in his eyes is like a kid on their birthday, his hands clasped together as he watches it flit curiously around him.

He's almost too thrilled to reply when Soleil speaks, after the Cutiefly has returned unawares to its usual business, but he collects himself with a laugh. "They think we're flowers!" He sounds enamored with the idea. "Oh my gosh, that's the most precious thing I've ever heard."

He takes out his phone and takes another picture, this time of a pair of Cutiefly inspecting an actual flower together, then turns back to his friend.

"I could stay here all day," he sighs, content, breathing deep the smell of flowers and warm Alolan air. "I think I'm making my next research venture in Alola. Even your Tapu are fairies!"

Apprentice Researcher

played by
chava
Nov 15 2017, 03:09 PM

Soleil keeps an eye out for Ribombee, but even at twice the size than Cutiefly, it’s difficult to spot them. They always seemed so delicate to her, perfectly suited to collecting pollen and living amongst the flowers, but she knows they’re stronger than they look. Most fairy Pokémon are; Dahlia might look soft and welcoming, but she can pack a punch when she needs to.

She turns her back to Dorian, the biggest fairy expert she knows, after the Cutiefly flutters away and Dorian's snapped a photograph of a few hovering around the bright flowers. "It's great, isn't it? And there's so many more places I have to show you." There are the usual tourist traps, the ones that are usually a bit crowded except at dawn or dusk, but there's other spots, too, ones that only people living here really know about. "You should! You're always welcome at my place." She'd have to sleep on the couch if Dorian were to stay with her, but she doesn't mind, especially if it means she can drag her best friend around the islands and show him all the best places. "Would you believe me if I told you one of my friends is actually Kahuna? I'm so jealous she gets to see Tapu Lele."

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 20 2017, 09:32 PM

Dorian doesn't bothered to conceal his excitement at the idea of being given a local's tour of Alola; he knew as well as anyone that one's home held the best of secrets, things a mere tourist wouldn't have the time to discover on their own. Laverre held as many private haunts for Dorian as it did unhappy memories.

"I just might take you up on that!" He usually camps out in the wild when he's travelling, staying in hotels on the rare occasion he finds himself in a city late at night, but staying with a friend would be far more entertaining. He and Soleil went way back, and he trusts her.

His eyes go wide when she mentions the Kahuna, however, and he nudges her arm playfully. "No way!" Despite his excited outburst to the contrary, he does believe her, and asks, "Who is it? Which island? Tapu Lele, that's... Akala?" He clasps his hands together in a silent plea. "Can you introduce me sometime? I'd love to ask her a few questions!"

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll