GYU-RI PARK

Gyu-Ri Park

GYM LEADER
JOHTO

BASIL
EST
PM/DISCORD

ABOUT
Gyu-Ri is the Olivine City gym leader (in the games you would know her as Jasmine). She specializes in steel pokemon and is well known for her Steelix and her kind heart. Olivine residents will know that she's heavily involved within the city itself as well just as the rest of the Park family has always been. Her involvement is now spreading though to Ecruteak and their Burnt Towner. She sees it as a historical landmark and one that shouldn't be knocked down as the plans call for at this moment. If anything it should be preserved and revered.
PLATONIC
Gyu-Ri is rather easy to be friends with. She has a caring heart and always offers a warm smile to everyone. She's the kind of person that looks for the good in everyone before she even thinks about anything else. She's not here to mother everyone but she is here to make sure that the city residents in Olivine are comfortable and if there's anything else she can do to improve her home town.
ANTAGONISTIC
Look if you're Team Rocket or Team Skull and you're here to hurt others and their pokemon she's not down for that. Just as she is caring and kind she is also protective and her steel-type pokemon are ready to back her up at a moments notice.
ROMANTIC
May or may not write a wanted ad but Gyu-Ri seems to be a bit preoccupied right now with the whole don't know down that tower thing.
OTHER
I feel as if Jasmine would be pretty close with her fellow Johto Gym leaders and probably the Kanto Gym leaders as well. Of course right now tensions could be tight if someone of them support knocking down the burnt tower and that may make her feel like she's being betrayed by her friends if that's the case. But I would love to see more Johto gym leaders corresponding with each other maybe planning some demonstrations in front of the tower.

the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 8 2017, 01:05 PM

tbh can gyu-ri and valerie be pen pals can valerie ask her for advice on how not to be the World's Worst Gym Leader. maybe valerie sends her anonymous letters about how she wants to quit being a gym leader because she thinks she doesn't deserve it and gyu-ri is her anonymous lifeline across the ocean.

maybe they start to text all the time. maybe gyu-ri follows valerie's incredibly popular instagram maybe they're internet friends who send each other memes and wholesome messages.

that's all i've got im sorry i just love her

the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 10 2017, 10:43 AM

"the point of snap, gyu-ri, is so that you and 10,000 other people can see what i'm doing, what i'm wearing, and who i'm doing it with at any point in time. it satisfies everyone's need to love me. the point of snap for you is to like my posts and comment on them sometimes. also so you can love me. the best way to show someone that you're best friends with them is to have an unbreakable snap streak. didn't you know?"
The Spartan Mayor

played by
Stark
Oct 11 2017, 07:22 PM

listen, i love thinking about league summits and meetings and everything because dray is such a dad to everyone. he's gyu-ri's new dad, and he's very proud of her for all her success!

since he's sort of a folklore keeper himself when it comes to dragons, and very much about the preservation of unova history, i'm sure he feels the same way about what's going on in johto but is far enough removed that he can't really have that much of an opinion on it. however, he is here for gyu-ri and will be here for her if she ever needs any help when it comes to gym stuff.

(he's also like "why don't you run for office?" and i'm like relax, dray)

The Mistress of Psychic Pokémon

played by
Stark
Oct 11 2017, 07:26 PM

sabrina thinks she's very sweet, not that she'd say it, she does. and probably congratulated her on her win, and possibly even cracked a smile! she denies this when reminded of it, but sends good luck charms to assist in the preservation of the tower that she knows gyu-ri is defending.

(packaged with no return address, naturally.)

Garbage Can

played by
Stark
Oct 17 2017, 01:08 AM

ok so i had a brainblast and like, lise comes from an old money family in ecruteak. real rich, real well-known. so what if gyu-ri's and her family have ties? gyu-ri and the moon girls were probably shoved together when their families held events, probably involving fundraising and tradional johto rituals.

lise was a good kid, but somewhat one-minded. she loved dancing, and it was all she really thought or talked about. idk how well gyu-ri would have gotten on with her because of that, but i do like the idea of lise teaching her some steps! she was very sweet as a kid, so it's a shame she grew up to be...you know. her. :|

lise, with everything that happened to her, is personally ambivalent to the burned tower. she thinks it's pretty to paint, but doesn't really think it's such a big deal as people are making it. which i'm sure gets on gyu-ri''s nerves. or maybe not she's so sweet, lise will simultaneously find herself repulsed and also just happy to hang around her. especially since she'd remind lise of the old life she no longer has.

idk man, this is a lot of ramble to say!!! i want stuff between them. k thank you!

Sword of the League

played by
Azol
Oct 24 2017, 05:09 PM

So get ready for some ramble because steel people have to look after each other okay.

Franz definitely loves visiting Johto, his own family is some ancient lineage of kings and knights and all this weird, crazy stuff (hence the odd upbringing) so coming to a place that’s rather rural and open and beautiful like Johto is would appeal to him greatly. He loves his history and his languages. But he does love visiting Olivine City Gym and poking about the place like he’s some lost time traveller trying to find his way home. I imagine he was a familiar face poking around and having a few practise battles (that he tried his best to be instructive during rather than simply showboating).

There are so many little bits and pieces I can imagine. Given he was beginning his journey around 19 years ago, so just about the right age for Gyu-Ri to have ALL the newspaper clippings about this steel trainer (alongside Steven obvs) who goes around righting wrongs and being all heroic and good-natured and kind and y’know steel types are so cool gosh. I imagine he poked around a fair amount as well during that time shortly before his mother’s death and then he didn’t turn up for a year or so, only to resurface as more or less the same man, aside from this heavy air of deep regret and sorrow. Franz knows exactly what it’s like to face down demons and feel unworthy or worse over responsibility and duty. But omg he’d try so hard for her, because as said earlier steel type trainers gotta stick together.

He probably appears now and then to talk or question or maybe lecture or something I have no idea. There’s more to him just seeing her at random league events tho (even though you know that he’s that guy stood in the corner in an outfit not fit for the occasion sipping water and being rather content). He’d be more than supportive over the burned tower though, he still pays to keep his family’s broken down house open even though it’s pretty much nothing more than a broken down husk of a building.

Also he’d be so humble if she ever gushed like omg Duke Wikstrom you are good. He’d be like nope, that I am blessed with luck and thy good praise is all a man such as me would ever ask for.

He’s a fool. But a good friend.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll