A Realistic Pokemon RP

Add Topic
New Poll

Born To Run, [OPEN]
Trainer

played by
Mav
Oct 15 2017, 05:44 PM

Maverick knew the moment they had officially set foot back within the Alola region. There was a different smell in the air than any of the other regions he'd traveled to in his time away. That morning they'd crossed the border and even the way the sunlight hit his face as he stepped out onto the deck was just different. It felt like home. It felt like waking up from a dream that had gone on for much longer than one would expect. The funniest part about the whole thing is he wasn't sure why he was back now. He used the excuse of Johto's cold weather as to why he was finally leaving the region but there had been seven Autumns and seven Winters since he last touched the sandy shores of Alola so even he didn't believe that to be the reason for his return. No, he wasn't sure what drew him back, but nevertheless he was here.

The ship docked and before even setting off into town he could smell the freshly made food. Food he hadn't tasted in nearly a decade. That combined with the long ship ride across the ocean had his stomach grumbling. He wasn't alone in this though. King, who stood hovering behind him was just as excited for the meals to come. The feline's lips were already dripping saliva at the very thought. 'We're home buddy, so you know what that means....' King licked his lips again with a bright smile spreading across his face. Mav faced his closest pokemon friend and placed both hands up on his shoulders. 'Oh yeah...mountains, and I mean mountains of fresh cooked Laulau and REAL Mai Tai's for me.[i]'

King let out a loud roar, startling not only Maverick, but those around them as well. Mav couldn't help but laugh until he spotted a little girl clutching onto her fathers leg. The father looked none too pleased either. '[i]Sorry about that. He's just a little excited to be back is all, we'll just be on our....
' Mav didn't bother to complete that thought before heading down ramp and out into the city with King right on his tail.

The two burst open the doors of a rather old and shabby establishment. The aesthetic of the building was terrible but the smells emanating through its walls and out its windows was heavenly. 'Where's my man Kekoa?! I need the two biggest bowls of Laulau on rice you've got and I wont accept it from anyone else!' All eyes turned to face the loud guest and King didn't hesitate to find his way to a booth and plop down. Few of the guest seemed to care and turned back to their own meals but the bartender let out a loud shriek at the sight of Mav, and ran to the back. Seconds later an older gentleman came limping out of the kitchen, his eyes glowing with happiness. 'These old eyes aren't playing tricks on me are they? My goodness poi get over here!'

The two embraced in a long hug that ended with the man just staring Mav over. 'Wow, you're a man now Poi. Well I guess I can't really call you Poi anymore huh?' They both let out a chuckle as the man ushered Mav over to his seat with King. 'And I see you've become a man too eh' King' The hungry Incineroar let out a light growl and letting a glimpse of his fangs show. 'Ho ho, well I want to hear everything you've been doing over these years but first I got some Laulau to whip up for you two. We'll talk more after you've eaten some real food.'

Mav took a seat across from King. 'Oh and can I get a Mai Tai too. They aren't the same from anyone else Kekoa.' 'Ha, comin' right up!'

Yeah it was good to be home. Mav knew eventually he'd have to face the things and people he didn't want to. Namely his dad. They hadn't actually spoken on the phone in years now. There wasn't much more between them than emails, text and a like here or there on Snap. Not everything about his return to Alola was going to be happy, but for the moment he was going to enjoy himself. @[energyopen]
baffle with bullshit

played by
Jinn
Oct 15 2017, 10:40 PM

HEY, HO, WHERE DID ALL THE GOOD GO?
maverick carter

A brief scowl tugged down on her mouth as she lightly flipped a page of her book. As much as she loved her current solitude, she never left Hau'oli City. The busy atmosphere was warm and practically exuded excitement. The young woman knew that she would never be able to leave permanently. The city had too many memories, both good and bad. Thinking about the good and bad memories always brought up a faint wistful thought in her mind.

Seven years previously, her best and only friend had left Alola. More like left in the middle of the night and didn't bother telling Harlowe. Oh boy, had she been absolutely pissed. Thinking about Maverick only the tightened the ragged hole in her chest around her heart tighter. Although she refused to acknowledge it, he was the reason that she stopped sleeping around so much. However, she couldn't let him go. Not really.

Despite the hustle and bustle of Hau'oli, Harlowe could never abandon Alola. The friendly atmosphere of the islands would always drag her back in. With all of her loathing towards socializing and people in general, Harlowe absolutely craved the idea of friendship and friendly neighbors. It was hard to trust, and even harder to open up to people. As far as she knew, the only person that she ever opened up to was out of the region.

Harlowe's stomach ached, bringing the thirty-two year old back to the present. Aware that it had been growling for the better part of four hours, she dog-eared the page she was reading from one of her history books. This particular one detailed the mysteries of mega-evolution and how it was related to Pokemon evolving. Pursing her lips, she tossed her messy black curls back to run a brush heavily through her mass of hair.

At her feet, Nyx was snoozing lightly and emitting a few wordless murmurs every now and then. It was, quite frankly, an adorable sight. Achlys, her Phantump, was hovering over the sleeping baby protectively. Her second eldest companion was clearly debating between baby-sitting or glaring at Harlowe to get out of the house and get something to eat.

"Okay, okay!" she gestured at the grass/ghost type with an air of distinct amusement. "Would you like to come with? Get something yourself, and maybe something for Nyx?" the black-haired woman coaxed, a sly look drifting across her regal features. The Phantump scowled, looking back and forth between the sleeping Pumpkaboo and the smirking woman. "We can get Laulau and poi at your favorite place."

Pulling on her favorite beat-up trainers, Harlowe practically bounced out of the house and nearly fell down the porch stairs in her attempt to put on the shoes. It was so damn hard to put them on, but they were also really comfortable. With Achlys practically racing down the boulevard, Harlowe couldn't help but let out a loud laugh at the Pokemon's antics. It wasn't long before they entered one of the older, shabby-looking buildings. Despite its outwards appearance, the bar and grill was one of the best in the city.

The owner of the building, Kekoa, was bouncing around and practically trying to squash a slightly younger looking man. For a moment, Harlowe froze. He looked entirely too familiar for her tastes, although when he spoke she nearly choked on her water while ordering a couple of poi and two medium dishes of laulau on rice. While Achlys clearly couldn't give two shits, but recognized the man as well, Harlowe couldn't help but openly gawk at the dark-skinned man when her waiter went to the back to place her order.

Trainer

played by
Mav
Oct 16 2017, 09:54 AM

'Man King you have no idea how much I used to come to this place. I mean, I know we came here a few times, but when I was younger, this place may as well have been where I lived. There was even one time where Lowe, you remember Lowe? Well yeah we tried to sneak into here but Kekoa caught us, and...' Just then Kekoa came back and placed the Mai Tai he ordered in front of him. Not without offering a small warning though.

'Careful when speaking of the devil Mav, you might get an answer...' Mav looked a bit confused as the old man limped away again to presumably finish the food. As he walked away he pointed to another customer and Mav's jaw hit the floor like a bag of bricks. 'Shit.' Remember some of those tougher things returning home was going to mean for Mav? Well as luck would have it he was going to have to face one immediately.

Harlowe, or Lowe as he liked to call her had always been his closest friend here on the islands. She knew more about him than pretty much anyone, save for Kekoa maybe. The two were inseparable before adulthood and responsibilities began taking over their lives. But emotions were running rampant when Mav left Alola, and he didn't offer her as much as a goodbye, or a see you later. He just left and pretty much cut everything he was leaving behind out of his life. Now here she was, sitting not even twenty feet away from him. Maybe she hadn't spotted him and he'd be able to slip out? Unlikely given his loud entrance, and the giant, flaming, walking tiger he strolled in with. Subtlety was not Mav's specialty.

'Well King, if I die...I don't know, just please don't let me die.' King laughed as his trainer made his way across the restaurant. He was nervous not just because of how he'd left, but because they hadn't spoken since he left. He just knew she had to be livid. How could she not be? 'So you're just going to let me walk in sit down and eat and not say anything?!' Even Mav felt the irony in that statement as he sat down beside her.

'Miss me?' He flashed his pearly white smile while pulling his locs out of his face. Even those were new for her. He'd changed so much, not just in appearance but in who he was as well. He was sure she had too. His fear was now that he was home he'd have lost his best friend and he'd have no one but to blame but himself. Harlowe Morsinger
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll