ENERGY
A Realistic Pokemon RP

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Topic
New Poll

create your own constellations, 25 / gym leader / f. ly
the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 6 2017, 09:52 PM

VALERIE LUX

VALERIE LUX

GYM LEADER
KALOS

KIPPER
GMT+11
ASK ME FOR DETAILS!

ABOUT
- this is valerie. do not call her val.
- originally hails from johto
- moved to laverre, kalos after running away from home at the age of 17
- became a small-time fashion model but got sort of taken advantage of, found out it wasn't all glitz and glamour like she thought
- decided to become a gym trainer instead since she had a knack for battling
- she's really pink
- soft-hearted but braver than she thinks she is
- a sort of old-world romantic who's obsessed with black-and-white films and expressions of affectation
- the fairy-type gym leader of laverre city (but she's really not that keen on it lately because she's craving change and adventure and also she's frightened of responsibility)
- loves fashion and also cute things
- hates salted caramel
PLATONIC
- really really flaky
- like literally do not make plans with her she will not come to them
- also never buys birthday presents
- constantly. seeking. validation. be prepared to answer her 15 times when she asks you if she's looking alright to go out (she is, she's a damn fashionista, 1 perk is you get to borrow her clothes)
- bad at making proper friends
- good at having acquaintances because she is really fun (on the surface)
- she's a social chameleon and loves to be whatever people need her to be: a mirror, she reflects your moods and feelings so that she can feel wanted and validated
- a good time to hang out with and dance or drink or ride a shopping cart down a hill
- bad time for literally anything involving emotions also caring about other people than herself.
- like alright she cares but it's hard for her to voice that because she's so caught up in this image of herself as a flighty starlet that she doesn't know how to represent that care with genuine authenticity
- nothing about her is authentic she's a frightened doll wrapped in 17 layers of saran wrap and store bought rose petals.
ANTAGONISTIC
- has a huge ego, if you got a problem with that you got a problem with her
- probably has quite a few jilted lovers in here?
- also ex-friends who she's let down in a big way
- (like honestly forget "i was in the shower and forgot to reply" try "it's been 6 months since you had a major breakdown you were relying on me to help you with and i just couldn't muster the emotional depth to try so i ignored your entire existence but now i need you so hey what's up")
- tbh though she's not really enough of a person to really dislike or properly hate she just has people who hold her in a general disdain, like maybe if she actually believed in something she might be worthy of hating or disliking but as she is she's sort of... there
- maybe anyone who knew who she was as a teenager / has photo evidence of her ugly phase back in johto she'll want to seek you out and Murder
- but also she'll try really hard to make people like her so this isn't going to be particularly filled out
ROMANTIC
- she's really good at flirting
- is really bad at following through
- has real high standards for men because she's after a mystery poet boyfriend with dark hair and dark eyes and a dark soul who'll write her into oblivion
- realistically she just wants to be told she's pretty and worth someone's time
- real hung up on being unattractive and fat as a teenager so if you pay attention to her she's yours
- peacocking forever (pink hair what up)
- really really terrible at seperating sex from romance: a stage 5 clinger, doesn't understand being ghosted, will send texts six months later like "sometimes i breathe and my lungs remember you" or other equally weird and terrible things
- if you ever loved her or even like looked at her slightly funny she probably wrote a really bad and emotional poem about you so if you're into that then hit her up. if you're not then you probably found it weird but she did it anyway #cantbetamed
OTHER
- come fight her gym! she's really nice about it and generally doesn't try overly hard to win (she's stubborn but not an asshole)
- take one of her furisode girls! they're a ride or die #girlsquad who look out for one another and specifically for valerie because she's a mess of a person (they're 98% of the reason why she hasn't quit being a gym leader yet)

if the sky could dream, it would dream of dragons

played by
avan
Oct 8 2017, 12:09 AM

I just feel like?? These two should be friends or something??? I can't shake that feeling that these two just really need each other for some reason? Okay maybe need is a little extreme but like...Luce is from Laverre. Her mother, whom was a famous coordinator, passed away there (so perhaps Valerie could have known of her mother?).

One of Lucette's main traits is honesty. Brutal, painful honesty. And I think, for once, her blunt honesty could prove to be a benefit to someone. Because Luce would be patient enough to answer ten thousand questions from Valerie about how she looks or if she looks okay etc. On the other hand, this honesty could also be a possible strain on their relationship if you wanted to look at it in a negative light. Luce could accidentally hurt Valerie's feelings by insulting an oufit, but Luce would quickly try to help her find another that better suited whatever it was. Similarly, Luce would always be down for telling Valerie if one of the guys she was dating was an ass or something like that.

Also, Luce doesn't have too many friends. She just enjoys the company of a few she trusts and I think it would be really nice if Valerie was one of those people, to an extent. Particularly since Luce doesn't enjoy dumping her feelings on people. She just enjoys the company of a select few, meaning Valerie wouldn't have to worry about any obnoxious and emotional conversations XD

Sorry this is a lot? I just think they have some similarities that could make them good friends, haha. (I'm bad at plotting sorry >.>). Anyways, let me know what ideas you have or if there is anything you like/don't like.

Heart of Steel

played by
Basil
Oct 8 2017, 07:36 PM

Oh gosh I feel like all the gym leaders know each other at least on a very minimum level because of the Pokemon League. They probably have mass meetings every once in awhile because it's a JOB and all so....employee meetings. Valerie and Gyu-Ri probably met through something gym related and they've hit it off ever since. They follow each others social medias (even though Gyu-Ri is honestly really bad at social media. She's like an old lady.).

Gyu-Ri really understands wanting to quit. She's been there, like super hard core thought she didn't deserve it. almost called her brother ten million times to come and take it off her hands and everything. Yet she's still here and finally hitting her stride. She'd be offering advise all the time about it for sure.

Meanwhile Gyu-Ri is also just 'what is the point of snapchat????'

if the sky could dream, it would dream of dragons

played by
avan
Oct 9 2017, 02:41 PM

Honestly I'm super excited to develop their relationship more like, I think these two will be such a dramatic duo anyone watching from the outside will be like ???why tho?? but to them it's like their whole world is falling apart.

Luce could use a friend to help ramp up her wardrobe too but she'll never really admit to it so like that could be a bonus for Valerie also. I envision Luce always half-assing her outfits when she coordinates just because she wants to focus solely on her Pokemon's performances, and I feel like Valerie would just not have that lol.

Love love the idea of Luce eventually confiding into Valerie. Even if Valerie does run away Luce will just be something like bless, finally told someone..okay time to find Valerie and fix her up.

We should definitely start a thread of some kind with these two, if you want XD Maybe they meet up at a boutique in Lumiose or have a texting thread? Just lemme know haha.

Apprentice Researcher

played by
chava
Oct 10 2017, 08:18 PM

SO. soleil spent a lot of time in kalos and while i don't think she really ever challenged any gyms (not even in just kalos, but anywhere) she probably knew of valerie? i guess it depends on how long valerie has been a gym leader but EITHER WAY they were both in kalos at the same time and therefore i'm determined to plot them together.

maybe they went to school together, maybe soleil asked to sit in on some of valerie's gym battles, maybe soleil had her first awkward crush on a straight girl and was ????? oh no

also if val ever made any inclination that she wanted to adventure soleil would immediately be all "DO IT!!!! and send me pictures and postcards when you do"

they have good matching aesthetics and go... clothes shopping together?

the lover

played by
avan
Oct 13 2017, 03:11 AM

Not gonna lie, as I was making Thaddeus I couldn't help but immediately think of Valerie and how she is with relationships. And now I'm so glad to see you have posted in the shipper and this makes me so happy oml.

Anyways, YES. A fling, bring it. Fling Valerie onto Thaddeus just to yank her away from the poor lad. I want this so bad (Poor Valerie though I can't help but feel bad she's like this XD)

Plus I think with how fickle she is, Thaddeus will probably just have brief moments where he questions himself -- which rarely happens. I am smart and handsome...right?

And like at first, Thaddeus might ignore her flirting because A: He's too busy thinking about how good he looks and B: he's hella oblivious when other people flirt with him (cause he's so used to it being the other way around).

But I think having it start close to the beginning when they first meet would just be so much fun cause we can develop the entire dynamic between the two of them as we go?

The Sweetest Honey

played by
Ariel
Oct 13 2017, 03:02 PM

COLETTE & VALERIE
They're friends, in the sense of the word. Like, they met each other on snap because they both are beautiful girls who like aesthetics and have a lot of followers, and it kind of starting a rivalry. So, grudgingly friends, because they like the same things and have a lot in common.

I can imagine these girls having long conversations on the phone just about nothing – like the new clothing line that just came out, the perfect color for their nails, and what boy is the cutest. So friends that maybe hang out when they're in town (if they ever are), and share some things, but neither really knows the other. They're both fake, and they like to make each other and themselves believe that's who they really are.

In a way, they're good and bad for each other. They tell each other what they want to hear, but not what they need to here. This relationship is all about looks and validation, nothing more, it doesn't have any of the real stuff friendships should have.

And Colette really likes fairy-types, so she would gush over Valerie's pokémon.

Also, Colette really hates that Valerie has more followers than her.
Akala Island Kahuna

played by
Stark
Oct 13 2017, 09:01 PM

once i actually put up liv's snap, these two are going to be snap besties and tag each other all the time and liv will visit kalos and they'll take aesthetic photos at cool cafes and it'll be beautiful.
The Spartan Mayor

played by
Stark
Oct 13 2017, 09:17 PM

hi it's me again, back with drayden because he absolutely needs to dad everyone in league, including valerie! i like to imagine that he's sometimes featured in her snaps and he doesn't exactly know what that is but thinks technology is real neat!

she often confuses him and is very pink, but he's fond of her and her youthful energy. he just doesn't often show it because his face usually just looks like this: :|. but that means i love you in drayden.

Akala Island Kahuna

played by
Stark
Oct 16 2017, 02:36 AM

olivia finds that RIDICULOUS but also loves it. kalos is so posh.

sdisudh please liv needs to self-sabotage everything and valerie probably asks like "what was wrong with him?" and she's just like "he had a mole on his neck -__-" like....really? honestly.

(also wow i love this poor valerie, those unrequited love feels aufhsiuh and olivia will be completely oblivious)

The Spartan Mayor

played by
Stark
Oct 16 2017, 09:22 AM

drayden, very confused: what's a tag?

she will never touch his toenails though. that is a line that cannot be crossed by even the cutest of pink-haired people.

(he accepts this and she can battle him any time for fun)

Garbage Can

played by
Stark
Oct 16 2017, 09:27 AM

lise being friends with a gym leader is the best way to make her feel like shit about herself, so of course, she's gonna do it. and be best friends. an internet famous gym leader, and lise probably secretly hates, but acts completely sweet and chill all the time and is always up to going out for parties and traveling (even though she doesn't really have the funds for it anymore).

she's blocked valerie on every social media she has at least once because valerie took too long to reply back to her.

The Mistress of Psychic Pokémon

played by
Stark
Oct 17 2017, 12:49 AM

SCREAMING i missed this i really need to track my shippers suhgsiugh

anywhomst, sabrina is perfectly content with not talking to this skitty-looking girl who reminds her of cotton candy. she'd think her personality is just as sickly sweet as her looks.

that probably does encourage her to do extra weird shit. she'll leave weird spell tags in valerie's bag so that when she gets home she finds them and probably looks up wtf these weird letters mean. she also has made offhand comments about a spirit that seems to have attached itself to valerie, and also that it isn't very friendly.

you know, just ordinary conversation!

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Oct 18 2017, 03:59 AM

After 20 years, I finally finished my fairy prince, and I have been planning to throw him at Valerie this entire time.

Just?? He would absolutely love her. She's adorable, and fun, and she a freaking fairy-type gym leader and there is no one on this earth more passionate about fairies than Dorian (claims the man himself). He's Kalosian, too, and spent most of his life there. He's just travelling for research purposes, currently. They're both fairy monotype trainers - Val for her gym, Dorian for the ~aesthetic, and with him as a researcher and her as a gym leader, both authorities and respected community figures, I bet they'd have first met through professional channels.

He'd have attached himself to her immediately like a fucking burr. He'd want to compare battle techniques, to sit in on her gym battles and study her pokemon's grace and movesets, to pester her with questions. But he'd also want to drink with her, hang with her, get to know her. He also loves fashion and cute things. They'd have a blast shopping together. And when she gets super flaky and cancels plans, he's totally OK with it, and sometimes he cancels for research or b/c he made too many plans with too many people and got really overwhelmed, you know how it be.

He's also like, the best person to go to for validation, b/c you don't even have to ask for it? He's an automatic compliment factory. "That dress is really cute! I love your hair!" etc etc.

I'm rambling, but honestly, I just - I want them to be friends so bad b/c he's a softie and she's adorable and the fairy aesthetic, I need it.

Apprentice Researcher

played by
chava
Oct 19 2017, 09:35 AM

here with the latest shipper response in all of history

but yes to everything you said! soleil probably thinks val actually likes her as a friend bc of their interactions online so if they ever meet irl and val's just :I soleil will be v surprised and a little sad

she'd also just get pretty confused over val suddenly changing on her (esp the more she hangs out w/ liv and probably posts pics of them on snap) and being not so friendly. idk soleil's clueless and doesn't realize that val has a crush on liv at all probably

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Topic
New Poll