A Realistic Pokemon RP

Add Topic
New Poll

HEATHENS, #JELLY #PAST
and I think you won't be able to recognize me now

played by
Taylor
Oct 25 2017, 04:06 AM

Naturally, the former trainer of Joshua's stolen deino was furious.

The thief had been forced to avoid Opelucid thanks to the kid's police report, combined no doubt with the description that had certainly not come from the same source. His target hadn't seen him.

It must've been the girl.

A surge of bitterness accompanies the thought. If she'd just stayed out of it, it would be so much easier to figure out what to do with the little guy. Arcturus, faithful as ever, had returned to Josh some time after the stranger had left him and he'd gotten the deino set up with a pokeball, with every intention of taking him to Drayden for advice. He wasn't much for the idea of training a vicious, violent dragon himself. Of course, then he'd seen the wanted poster, and life had gotten a lot more complicated.

Shouldn't have given her my name, he thinks to himself, sitting on a stone ledge near a warehouse just outside of Lacunosa. That was stupid.

Cassie was equally unhappy; thanks to the fact that the strange woman had seen her, as well, Joshua had taken to keeping her inside of her pokeball more often than not, and Arcturus received the same treatment. That left Aldebaran, whose unusual red wings attracted a lot less attention in the middle of the night. Joshua looked up to see the talonflame circling overhead, instructed to keep watch for any sign of the authorities.

With a sigh, Joshua turns his attention back to the warehouse. It's been a while since anyone had came or left; he's starting to get a little stir-crazy. He's patient, incredibly so, but the fear of being caught nags at him more than usual. He'd been told that this was one of the hideouts for the same ring that his mark had purchased the deino from to begin with, and he wanted to find an in. First step: identify a likely target. Easier said than done when they, too, were laying low. Apparently, the deino's trainer had outed his source, which is exactly what had put Joshua on their trail.

Fucking Nell. If that's even her name.

The goddamn Hoenn champion. It would be his luck.

The Last Sea Silk Seamstress

played by
Stark
Oct 31 2017, 09:24 PM

Nell sits high on a hill with her binoculars, looking out at the warehouse that had shown up in her search of the ring that had stole Dino from some poor Trainer. She hadn't stayed at the station for long, had been noticeably impatient to scram when they asked for her name.

Daisy sits next to her with a matching pair of binoculars, looking at a starly that's staring right back at him. The forest is peaceful, quiet, not at all the kind of place she'd expect a smuggling ring. But that's how it always is; everything is always where she least expects it.

They've already been hiding in the bushes for an hour, and Nell surely had a gass stain across her jeans, and scrapes on her elbows from the twig-covered ground. She jots notes whenever someone enters or leaves in a little notepad, snaps pictures when she thinks it's worthwhile.

There's been no one of incredible interest, and she's about to give up when she sees him.

She spins the wheel on the bridge of her binculars to zoom in.

"It's Josh," she whispers to the swampert, who breaks his staring contest with the bird to look at the man approaching the warehouse.

She zooms in even more, and when he turns to sit, she sees it. Gasps.

His butt.

Nell nearly drops her binoculars trying to zoom back out, and Daisy looks at her questioningly as a blush rises high on her cheeks.

What do I do? She considers siccing Daisy on him again, but after Drayden's lecture about impulsiveness and collateral damage, she takes her time to think. The starly above them chirps out a quick song. She shifts up on her knees.

In the end, she decides to do the only logical thing: approach the man she suspects of being a thief and have a nice chat.

It's better than a battle, and less likely to end up with a damaged bridge. She scrambles down from her place, and calls Daisy back into the ball before he can mess with the starly. The forest is dense, and she's never been good with navigation even with the PokéNav.

She finds her way, eventually, after stumbling through thorns and fallen trees, to the warehouse that she had been staking out. Truthfully, she hadn't planned this part out, the one where she approaches this man and...and then what?

I guess we'll find out.

She approaches casually, too casually, kicking a rock in front of her.

"Oh, Josh," she says, blinking when she sees him. She tries very, very hard not to look down, and pushes the image of his shapely butt out of her mind. Her hands are deep in her pockets, and she looks like any other trainer one might find around this town. She has her hair tied up, now, a leaf stuck in her ponytail holder where she'd caught it on a tree branch. "What're you doing all the way here?"

Daisy is nowhere to be seen, and she sounds almost warm, as if she's happy to see him again. And she is, really, because it means she's just that much closer to finding out what his deal is.

played by
Taylor
Oct 31 2017, 11:10 PM

For all his patience, stake-outs are frustrating as hell. It's chilly out, the autumn air seeping through his clothes to raise gooseflesh on his skin, and dear Arceus does his ass ever hurt from sitting on this ledge. It had been far more interesting other nights, when there had been activity in the warehouse, but tonight was a whole lot of nothing.

He's on the verge of calling it a night when he hears the footsteps, turns his head, and bristles.

Her.

Anger nestles unchecked in his eyes, the shift and set of his jaw suggesting at his utter disgust toward the situation. She's practically bright in contrast, calm, as if she hadn't sold him out to the damn authorities the second she had the chance. The nerve of this girl!

Nell, he reminds himself, with mounting frustration.

"You again," he mutters, scathing, and she'd called him by name. It's further salt in an already smarting wound. "I thought you'd have learned by now that my business isn't any of yours."

He doesn't see her hulking beast of a swampert, this time; he's smart enough not to challenge her to another fight. He's certain that if she was the runaway Hoenn champion, she could have wiped the floor with him if their last battle had gone on any longer. Cassie had been his one and only advantage. It doesn't help the bitterness that's rising like the tide in his throat.

"Not that it stopped you before," he snaps, before she can take a breath to reply. "I can't go anywhere near Opelucid thanks to you. Fuck off."

played by
Stark
Nov 1 2017, 06:23 AM

She should leave, or at least hesitate, when she sees the anger in his eyes. Once again, she's faced with his height and the knowledge that he could probably harm if he wanted to; and he seems to really want to harm her.

So she tightens her hands into fists in her pockets, pokeballs within reach in case she needs them.

Her cheery demeanor falters when he regards her with venom. She frowns, the set of her lip impudent. It is my business, she wants to say, but he continues before she can think to argue.

Anger rears up in her chest when he curses at her again. Such language! Her mother used to punish her for even thinking of cursing; what kind of parents did he have?

"It's not my fault that you're suspicious," she snaps right back. "And I report anything suspicious I see!"

There's no deino around, but she's sure he has it on his person. Her eyes lower to his waist and then snap right back up, narrow on his. No...no looking anywhere but at his face.

His very, very handsome face, she realizes, heat creeping up her neck. Or it would be handsome, if it hadn't belonged to a criminal who stole deinos and used bad words.

"So, before I report you again: what are you doing here?"

played by
Taylor
Nov 1 2017, 06:49 AM

Sourly, he wishes he could be as confident as he'd been before about her status as anyone but the champion. If he knew he could get away with it... ugh, he could strangle her! He wasn't as prone to physical violence as he'd been in his teens, but his fingers twitch at his sides as the old desire to throw down surges through him.

It passes as quickly as it had come; his Mama always told him not to hit girls, and besides, she's tiny. He'd almost forgotten.

He stares down at her with lips pressed tight and gray eyes narrowed, cold. They're sharp, missing nothing, and he crosses his arms when he sees her gaze flick down to his waist.

"Looking for my pokemon?" The deino, he suspects, which wasn't technically his, and yet he was at the same time. Who else was going to look after the poor thing? "I can't have them out around people any more because of you. Does that make you feel good about yourself? Poor Cass hasn't been able to stretch her wings in days."

Aldebaran circles overhead, but Joshua makes a point not to look at him. The last thing he needs is another of his companions added to the wanted list.

"Since you seem to know so much about how suspicious I am," Josh retorts, bristling at her threat, "why don't you take a fucking guess? It's not like you'd believe me if I told you, anyway."

Mama also told him not to swear, but that's a far easier lesson to ignore as the anger surges through him. His father had also forbidden it, and nothing provided more of a sick satisfaction than breaking his rules.

played by
Stark
Nov 1 2017, 07:24 AM

He's scary, but so what? She's dealt with scary people and things before. She'd left home as a child, got by on her own, and traveled through Hoenn with a pokemon that only cared about where she lived or died for the sake of his own well being.

But maybe it's a good sign that she's fearful when he looks at her like that, like he would kill her if he could. Her heart flutters in her chest, and she wonders if he could sense it, like a predator might.

He at the least catches her glance, and she tells him, "It makes me feel really good! Hopefully you think twice about stealing pokemon in the future."

She doubts it. After all, she'd found him here of all places, outside a warehouse that had been a hotbed for suspicious activity. It seems wherever trouble is, Josh follows, if he isn't the root cause of it.

Josh claims that she wouldn't believe him if he'd told her what he was doing, and even though she doesn't believe anything he tells her, not even his own name, she bristles. Her hands circle around the straps of her backpack now, needing something to hold onto before she hauls off on a man twice her size.

"Maybe I would!" she argues, but the bitterness in her voice begs to differ. Would she believe him? She can't think of any other reason for him to be hanging around here but what her research, her instincts, are telling her. "But right now, my guess is that you're with them, and that I should let the authorities know you're here. Now would be a good time tell me if you really have a good explanation."

She regrets it after she says the words, but makes no show of it in the angry set of her brow. Nell hadn't wanted to reveal that she even knows about the ring, especially not to Josh who is very likely a part of it, or at least working with them. Fear grows a dark pit in her stomach, but she's resolute, as mean looking as one can be when five-foot-all and staring down a potentially dangerous criminal.

played by
Taylor
Nov 1 2017, 07:38 AM

Perhaps she doesn't mean it. Maybe, like him, she's lashing out in anger. But at her words, the thought that poor Cassie's suffering might make Nell feel vindicated, it takes everything he has not to challenge her to another fight. At his side, his fingers flex as if to grab a pokeball that isn't there, and he breaths out through his nose like a bull, a short huff of contempt.

"Fuck you," carries a venom more genuine than anything he's said before, an edge of pure emotion inspired only by his love for his partners. "You don't know the half of what's going on."

She wants him to tell her, it seems, and maybe he should. Maybe he should spill the beans on the entire situation and explain the abusive trainer, the horrors of his own past, his motivations for rescuing the deino instead of the kidnapping she assumed it was. But he's nothing if not stubborn, and she's so convinced of his guilt that it feels like giving ground to explain himself in hopes of... what? He doesn't want anything from her other than to be left alone.

What he does say: "I'm not with them."

Not yet, he thinks, as his gaze shifts toward the shadowed warehouse and then back to her.

So she knows about them, too. Great. Just what he needs. Someone else meddling in his affairs. Much as it's his goal to work his way into their ranks, sabotage them from the inside, there's a part of him that's downright offended to be associated with the sort of scum that would bring the deino to such harm.

"If you were as good a sleuth as you seem to think, you'd know that." It's petty, a low blow, but he can't help himself. She makes him so angry. She thinks she knows so much when all she has is his name, for all the grief that had brought him. "You bring the authorities down on this place and they'll scatter. Rat me out if you want; I'll disappear, and so will they."

played by
Stark
Nov 7 2017, 01:32 PM

Once again, Josh proves that he needs his mouth washed with soap. Her back straightens, indignant.

"And you don't need to use bad words!" she says, and of all the things to be concerned about, to be upset with him for, his foul language is the least of them.

She wonders where that deino is, if it's safe, if it's okay. Her stomach clenches. Maybe she should have left this up to the police—Josh's glare is a bright, neon don't fuck with sign—but Nell has never liked to sit around and wait for someone to take care of things for her.

She's always had to take care of things herself.

He says that he's not with them, and she wants to laugh. She only tilts her chin up a little. Yeah, right, she thinks, And I'm a Kalosian Queen.

He sure is confident for a thief. Thinking he can get away with Deino; she guesses it isn't his first time victimizing some young trainer. She wants to shake him up, even more so than she did with an earthquake, wants him nervous. Maybe then he'd regret what he's done; he seems pretty unrepentant now.

Whether she believes him or not goes unsaid. Her hands stay securely on the straps of her backpack, no reaching for swampert of any of her other pokemon. A battle here wouldn't be her best bet, at least she knows that much.

"Well," she says primly. "We'll see about that, won't we?"

Nell brushes past him easily, lifting a hand over her shoulder in farewell. He thinks she isn't a good sleuth, and they'll see about that one too. She's good enough to pick up on the fact that he is, in fact, an asshole.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll