A Realistic Pokemon RP

Add Topic
New Poll

shake my little soul, #EVELYN
LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 1 2017, 12:57 AM

It's always strange, setting foot in Laverre City. It's coming home, and yet it isn't at the same time. There's his apartment in the heart of the city, with a view of his best friend Valerie's gym from the living room window, and then there's a certain street in the suburbs down which he dares not venture, for fear of catching sight of a ghost from his—no, Gabriel's past.

He's not here to be haunted, this time.

He's here to compete, and his beautiful fairy-types are on top of their game, his sylveon dazzling the gathered crowds with his grace and confidence. This time, Glace competes as well, the Alolan ninetales an exotic beauty with her soft white fur and delicate paws, her brilliant frosty mane trailing behind her. There's faces he recognises in the crowd, and it's both exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time, Dorian wondering what they think of his precious companions and how well he's raised them, how poised they are.

He loses.

It's neither a shock—everyone loses, sometimes!—nor a disappointment, his smile as wide as ever as he joins the other competitors in the back of the contest hall. He'd lost to a wonderful girl whose sylveon could give Joli more than a run for his money, and he spots her some feet away and makes a beeline toward his competitor.

"Excuse me," he says, and he's barely lost any of his Kalosian accent, the words soft and inviting. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting you, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your win. Your pokemon were spectacular." His blue eyes are wide, bright, and genuine, and he holds out a hand. "And your sylveon's a darling! Your name—it's Evelyn, right? I'm Dorian!"

just bloom.

played by
ecto
Nov 1 2017, 02:28 AM

god, she loves laverre. something about it is just magical, and it makes performing there even more exciting. evie feels energized, and so do her friends - they give their best, their better than best, their the moon and planets must have aligned just right for this moment best, and she couldn't be more proud of them, and of herself, too.

even after years of competing, it's impossible to predict what the environment backstage will be like after a win. she's grown accustomed to a lot of her peers flat-out avoiding her, but this time she's grateful for young fans and flowers and congratulations. she cradles a bouquet in her arms as she stoops down to talk to a young girl in a trainer's school uniform. "here, hold out your hand," she says, brightly, and when the girl does, sylveon places her paw in her palm and tips her head. evie mimes kissing the back of her own hand, and as the girl mimics her, sylveon chirps in delight. the girl is still laughing and smiling as her mother excuses them, and evie waves, grinning wide enough that her eyes squint down to happy half moons. as she stands, she sighs, hugging the bouquet in both arms, content.

a voice draws her back, and she turns to find the source - dorian, one of her competitors, a handsome young man with a sylveon of his own. she breaks out into a grin again, taking his offered hand to shake with enthusiasm. "oh! no, you're not interrupting anything at all, thank you so much!" she gushes, looking around for a moment for a place to set her flowers, eventually choosing to set them down beside her, where sylveon is resting on the cool floor. she drops a quick kiss to the top of her head before standing straight again, taking his offered hand to shake with enthusiasm. "yep, that's me! you can call me evie," she says, warmth flooding her voice, "it's really nice to meet you, dorian. your ninetails is maybe the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. she's from alola, right?"

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 1 2017, 07:20 AM

Evelyn is gracious, and not at all snobbish, and in that moment Dorian decides that he likes her even more. He only flirts with the competitive scene on occasion, but throughout his experiences he's met more than his fair share of sore winners who believed that victory was their Arceus-given right. He had no time for people like that; he's relieved she's not one of them.

"Then you can call me Dori," he invites, grinning. It's a popular nickname among his friends, and he's always liked its playful sound. "And yes, she is! I got her from a friend in Alola who raises them—I'm actually more of a researcher than a coordinator, but Glace and Joli really like these kinds of contests. This is more for their sake than mine."

Joli trills at the sound of his name, ribbon-like feelers curling around Dorian's wrist in a show of affection, and the researcher crouches down to stroke his fingers along pink-tipped ears. Joli purrs like an oversized cat and nudges his trainer with his nose, prompting a laugh before Dorian straightens up.

"Hey, this might seem out of the blue," he tries, "but you wouldn't be willing to give me a few tips, would you? You're really good!" Some people would take the secrets of their performance to their graves. He could respect that, if so, but it was worth a shot. "Joli doesn't take losing very hard, but Glace... well, she's a bit of an overachiever." He smiles fondly. "I'd love to pull out a win for her, somehow. I think it'd do her good!"

just bloom.

played by
ecto
Nov 1 2017, 07:38 PM

"dori," she repeats, nodding vigorously enough that her curls bounce around her shoulders. "i like that." sylveon winds her way between evie's legs, curiously sizing up joli before sitting herself down between evie's feet and curling her ribbons around one ankle. she can be more protective of evie than the other way around.

"i know what you mean," evie laughs, leaning down to rub behind her little ball and chain's ears until she relaxes. "i love performing but if sylveon and frillish ever got tired of it, i'd quit right then. it's not worth it if it's not what they want." she smiles fondly, watching joli give an affectionate display of his own; dori and joli seem to care about each other in much the same way that she and her own sylveon do, and it warms her heart. maybe she's met a kindred spirit.

"oh! gosh, you're too kind," she smiles, pleased but humble, and she gives a little shrug. "glace sounds just like this little girl here, then," she jokes, gesturing to sylveon between her feet. "i can probably give you a couple tips! it really depends on personality, though, y'know?"

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 6 2017, 07:35 AM

His smile is fond; he likes it, too. Dorian, the name he'd chosen for himself as a way to distance himself from his past, and Dori, the nickname given to him by the ones he loved, a warmth in his chest each time he hears it. Even now, from the lips of a practical-stranger, it lifts his already high spirits. He nods in emphatic agreement, glad that she's one of what he always calls the good ones. The coordinators and performers that do it for their pokemon, not for themselves and for all the fame it brings them. The right reasons.

"Oh, of course!" he agrees, not seeming bothered in the least. "She's very... proud? I think that's the best way to describe it! Determined, too. I think she really feels the need to prove herself." His ninetales had always been a quiet soul, but there was a fierceness in her when she needed there to be. When she battled, she was a force to be reckoned with, and on the show floor, she was a queen. "I've tried to reassure her, but, well..." He glances down at Evie's sylveon, laughs fondly. "I'm sure you know how they can be."

just bloom.

played by
ecto
Nov 8 2017, 06:49 PM

evie smiles knowingly as dori describes glace - she recognizes all of those qualities, not only in sylveon, but a little bit in herself, too. "i definitely do know," she laughs, shaking her head slightly, then tipping it side to side as she thinks, "hmm, is glace happy with her move set? sylveon struggled for a while after she evolved - eventually we figured out she didn't like using moonblast, so i taught her something else she felt more comfortable using. she's been way more confident ever since then!" she gently rolls the end one of sylveon's ribbons around her finger, an unconscious sort of hand-holding, and scratches under her chin with her free hand. "like! a lot of pokémon will do it, y'know, just keep doing something they don't fully like because it's powerful or they want to prove themselves and they won't let you know because they don't want to disappoint you," she clarifies, not wanting to imply that dorian doesn't pay attention - she believes quite the opposite is true, by the way he speaks about his pokémon, how he came to her for help.

"hey, if you're not busy," she starts, brightening and standing up straight as an idea comes to her, "we could go to the cafe, talk about it a little more over some coffee? see what glace thinks, too?" she's a little worried she's talked too much already - she knows she can really start to babble once she gets going - but. she likes dori, and she wants to help in any way she can.

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 9 2017, 08:32 PM

Dorian listens carefully to her advice, a tiny frown upon his lips as he considers it, though it appears to be more thoughtful than upset. "You know, I never really thought about that," he admits, and feels a little bad, but hey, that's why he asked! There was always more to learn. "She seemed to like those moves, so we stuck with them, but... I don't know, it could be me? I'm not too experienced with ice-types, so I might be instructing her wrong." He was far more in-tune with Joli, whose singular typing fit directly in with his experience.

Evelyn suggests a cafe, and he brightens at the idea. "Oh, sure! I love the cafes around here! And I think Glace would appreciate the chance to weigh in." He traveled a lot for his research, had been to a lot of different restaurants and the like, but nothing beat the taste of home. "Do you have a favourite?"

just bloom.

played by
ecto
Nov 18 2017, 01:46 AM

"that's also possible," she says, honest but cheerful as she can, "i didn't know a lot about working with water types or ghosts when i started training frillish! so it was kinda hard trying to find our footing together, y'know? but i did exactly what you're doing - i asked for advice." she smiles warmly; she practically grew up with sylveon, and it made it easy for her to understand her wants and needs and little idiosyncracies. frillish had been a lot harder to figure out, a different personality entirely - she still poses a hefty challenge sometimes. evie can readily admit that.

"great! i like that one on the edge of town, by the woods? it's quiet and i like to look out at the trees and their chai tea blend is really good!" she laughs a little at her own enthusiasm, and she drops a kiss to sylveon's feeler before she lets go. "i just have a few things to pack up, i can meet you guys out front in a couple minutes?"

LORD OF THE BUTTERFLIES

played by
Taylor
Nov 20 2017, 09:23 PM

Evelyn is friendly, accomodating, and Dorian finds himself refreshed by her positive attitude as she reassures his choice to seek advice.

"I've never been to that one before!" There's a note of excitement in his tone at the thought of trying something new. He was all about adventure, and most Kalosian cafes held themselves to a certain high standard. You had to, in a region such as this. "That sounds great, I'll meet you there!"

True to his word, he's waiting out front of the building with both Joli and Glace in tow when Evelyn emerges. He offers her a grin in greeting, then gestures with his hand to insist that she lead the way. He has no idea which cafe they're going to, after all.

"How long have you been competing?" he wonders. "I travel a lot, so I'm pretty sporadic, but you seem really experienced."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll