DRAYDEN KINCAIDE

DRAYDEN KINCAIDE

MAYOR/LEADER
UNOVA

STARK
GMT-5
DISCORD/PM

ABOUT
Drayden Kincaide is the Opelucid City Mayor and Gym Leader. He's a busy guy. Once upon a time he was married, but that fell through because of his devotion to his work. He spares little time for anything else. Except for wrestling his dragon pokemon in his free time. Literally. Wrestles. Dragons.

He's pretty intimidating and gruff and scares many hopeful trainers. Secretly, he's a huge softie who loves pokemon and enthusiastic young people. He's one of the toughest gyms in Unova, so trainers won't want to face him right off the bat.

But if anyone is curious about dragon types, he is the dragon master (well, self-proclaimed, we all know the dragon master's in Johto) and Dray is up-and-up on all the legends.

PLATONIC
Friends are good to have, and although he's rough around the edges, he's a really nice guy. I imagine citizens of Opelucid, young trainers, other gym leaders, etc. would be in this category. Dray's not exactly the ~get close to and learn life story~ guy, but he is supportive and very paternal. He wants to see people do their best, especially trainers just starting out!
ANTAGONISTIC
Enemies are more than likely people who are afraid of him. He has a fucking hydreigon, for god's sake, that's terrifying. He also does not forgive easily. Other than that, he really tries to be kind, but he does have a bad side so don't get on it.
ROMANTIC
Lovers are pretty much non-existent. he's married to his job, honestly. A cute little romance would totally be rad, though, so i'm always up for that. Hit him up for a date or something, let him prove that he can be romantic and totally not frightening and impenetrable.
OTHER
So there's a lot of possibilities here. He's a pretty famous guy in Unova, I think, so people there are bound to have heard of him. I've covered his mentor thing, mayor thing, and all that. One notable person in his life would be Iris so someone please make this girl, I will love you forever.

Its only breaking the law if you get caught.

played by
Fox
Oct 8 2017, 02:20 AM

The ranks of the handsome broody men club grows larger by the moment.

I could see Remy and Drayden going either friendly or antagonistically depending on the circumstances. I do think they'd lean more on the friendly side, though. Politicians tend to fall on the "you're a nuisance" side or the "thank you for trying to rid this profession of evil" side.

It's possible they ran across one another years ago, probably when Remy was working on a scoop and Drayden was running for mayor? Some pesky reporter butting into their business because he'd heard rumours of corruption in Unovan politics, but the lead came up dry or it didn't, but it probably wasn't a hard-hitting expose rather than a profile about the Dragon Wrestling Mayoral Candidate.

For his side, I think Remy really likes Drayden? Decent man, not corrupt, friendly without being annoyingly chummy and familiar. Definitely the sort of man that Remy would feel comfortable calling for more information, even if it comes up empty. He's got a pretty wide network of sources and intel providers who he's willing to call up and push around for some gossip, but with Drayden he's like "shit, gotta get my nice suit pressed and wine and dine this one".

Or maybe this is all one-sided and Drayden views him as a nosey grump not worth his time.

Lemme know if you wanna do something! I'm trying to work an angle for Remy to send somebody to investigate the Chargestone Caves incident. Opelucid isn't exactly close, but if Drayden's one of his primary contacts in Unova, he might just hit him up for contact info?

I'm totes up to thread or comm if you are, just let me know and I can get a starter out. (Hopefully tomorrow? If not, blame the turkey.)

I have Kiawe too and he has never left Kalos but he loves Dragon type Pkmn for lore and mythology reasons and would probably be pretty keen on Drayden when he gets around to traveling!

Heart of Steel

played by
Basil
Oct 9 2017, 02:38 PM

They're both gym leaders therefore I already think they would know each other at least on an acquaintance basis. The pokemon league probably holds like at least a yearly summit or something for al lthe gym leaders so they can discuss anything that needs updating within the league rules and what not. I'm the worst it's all I got.
the fairy princess

played by
kipper
Oct 14 2017, 09:57 AM

absolutely yes! technology-grandpa. whenever she visits she tags him in things. i like to imagine valerie is the one who made him a snap and he never updates it except when she prompts him to / steals his phone and does it for him.

she affectionately calls him league grandpa. she's very fond of him as well, even though she relishes the chance to like, paint his toenails pink and call him old and make fun of his wrinkles.

(also, she likes to tease that her fairies could absolutely wipe the floor with his dragons.)

a desert in my blood and a storm in your eyes

played by
chava
Oct 21 2017, 11:20 PM

i just want to write all this down somewhere but BASICALLY margot knows he's the big dragon expert and went to him less than a decade ago about her noivern. she's not looking to fix her, she just wants to make her life as comfortable as possible, and drayden is literally the resident dragon expert

she probably checks in with him every now and again to see if her noivern is still holding up to drayden's standards. he might also recognize her name/family from the papers, if news of it reached opelucid city? actually i just checked a map and theyre Very close so he probably knows about her family

but their relationship probably depends on his view of her? she definitely respects him so.

Sword of the League

played by
Azol
Oct 26 2017, 05:15 PM

“DRAYDEN! A PLEASURE IT IS TO BE TRUE TO LAY MINE OWN EYES UPON THEE ONCE MORE!”

Literally Franz when he bumps into Drayden again. Because these two had some humdingers in the ol’ battle scene back in the good old days before Franz went a little insane and disappeared and then reappeared piano-ed out and wearing a suit of armour like that was just normal.

I imagine it as a three-match series? I don’t know I don’t imagine young Franz to ever back down from a challenge, he was a brash, somewhat arrogant little snot when he was younger and doing his I’m going to be master of the battles. But he was damn good. Very, very, very good. Routed opposition wherever he went and then came up against the stonewall that is Drayden. Shattered every strategy overcame every complicated idea and Franz is stood there all puffed and young and like fu old man Drayden.

I feel like Franz won in the end but only after learning some lesson about being less of a jumped up shitlord and realising that maybe sometimes you can’t just plan everything out and maybe logic just doesn’t win you all the victories. I have no idea that could all be bollocks to be honest but it makes for a nice story and a pleasant past experience if you’re interested.

But nowadays Franz is more of a broken man, quiet and solemn and stoic, something of a shell compared to how he once used to stride around commanding and generally doing right by everything he ever came across. At the random league meetings, I feel like Franz does his best to try and say maybe we need to step in more often to stop this, or make a more concerted effort as elite trainers to protect and serve the people. But hey why would anyone want to do that when you have police?

As we were talking about earlier I expect Drayden will receive a letter (in actuality a scroll of parchment) with carefully quill written information detailing Franz’ current issues in trying to find these missing children. Franz ain’t buying your I’m so scary Mr Dragon Man, he’ll ask for help but not really expect Drayden to give a shit about it, nobody ever really listens to the man with the funny voice anyway, he just sits there in his corner being rather odd but not worth the hassle of pestering because he’ll just metal punch your face in.

But I’m sure Franz makes a mission out of visiting Drayden when possible, if only to have a peek around the gym, maybe have a practise battle that has all the gym trainers like omgggggg but really it's nothing like the old days, they’re just having fun.

left all the stars in your city nights.

played by
ecto
Nov 7 2017, 07:09 PM

quinn 100% didn't make it even close to challenging drayden's gym when he briefly tried to be a cool tough trainer guy and get his badges and shit, but in an interview (as drayden's both a mayor and a gym leader i assume quinn's been by to ask him a series of annoying questions more than a few times) it might have come up as... i mean realistically probably a deeply awkward attempt at anecdote lmao. but like! idk i think it'd be nice for them to have like a friendly working relationship and because dray is naturally very paternal i think it'd be extra nice for quinn to have not a terrible person as a sort of occasional paternal/supportive figure in his life???
An inch of nothing for your soul.

played by
Sif
Nov 8 2017, 01:53 AM

Even though Aria's mostly gay, she'd probably have a crush on this dude (c'mon, look at him).

Aria is pretty heavily invested in improving the foster-care system, so maybe drayden can do some mayoral stuff where he speaks to kids and aria brings some kids from Nimbasa to attend 'cuz...why the hell not?

She'd respect him right-off-the-bat for that, particularly the supportive aspect of his personality, and idk may end up learning to lean on him a bit for some support of her own. Who knows, maybe he'll inadvertently make her question the path she's on? Something something plot?

An inch of nothing for your soul.

played by
Sif
Nov 9 2017, 05:00 AM

Love the "Officer Sharpe" thing, I feel like you read my mind 'cuz I totally don't want anyone calling her Aria xD

Anyway, I'll start a post (at some point) bringing some random kids over to his city and then stuff happens, and some thangs.

Several Zubats

played by
ant
Nov 10 2017, 01:16 PM

ZOR & DRAYDEN
zor, internally: oh no he's dad

like. they love his gruffness and his skill and how scary he is. zor just thinks he's cool as hell. they're currently traveling through the unova region on ranger hq networking business. shaking hands, learning names, etc. so maybe they stop by for some kind of pr visit thing? idk. i could totally see them acting all professional and shit with drayden and then the minute he asks a vaguely personal question, zor's brain short circuits.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Topic
New Poll